navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Lord I'm On My Knees
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic Lord I'm On My Knees Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
BloomingRose
Member Elite
since 2000-08-09
Posts 3092
Florida

0 posted 2001-01-07 12:10 PM

~Lord I'm On My Knee's~

I get on my knee's
searching intensly
for answers that I need
my insecurites
cause my heart to bleed
Lord help me see
the plan you have for me
I'm on my knees
reaching out
that I might not sin against thee
Lord help me be
what you called me to be
Lord once again...
I'm on my knee's

BloomingRose

© Copyright 2001 DebraS. - All Rights Reserved
Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

1 posted 2001-01-07 03:08 PM

The best part of being on our knees is that when we stand He always helps us up!

"Every man dies.
Not every man truly lives."
Braveheart

Kathleen

ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA
2 posted 2001-01-07 04:43 PM

Your humble prayer is so beautiful! I know it will be answered for the Lord loves a humble heart.  Ellie

Belief is a truth held in the mind; faith is a fire in the heart.

Joseph Fort Newton

Mandi
since 2001-01-06
Posts 19
Chicago
3 posted 2001-01-07 04:49 PM

I agree with irish rose on this one. I know how it is being on your knees believe me, but the joy of God picking you up is so overwhelming it truly makes you cry. Beautiful poem i deeply enjoyed it.
deleeme
since 1999-10-09
Posts 1766
NEW ENGLAND, USA
4 posted 2001-01-07 08:08 PM

Bowing in submission,
yielding to His will--
by the humble servant
is "Kneed-ed" more and still!

Yours is a beautiful prayer, you share with us--"God resisteth the proud, but gives grace to the humble."
On your knees, must the Lord Please!

Amen, Friend,
                    David

No Better Place do I know
Than where Hearts knit as
one,
For in that grand
experience,
The Better ALL become.

God Bless us All!!!

BSC
Member Elite
since 2000-02-04
Posts 2919
New York, USA
5 posted 2001-01-08 09:58 AM

Deb ~ What a wonderful piece of your heart this is...and I couldn't have read it at a better time, thanks for sharing.  Bonnie
BloomingRose
Member Elite
since 2000-08-09
Posts 3092
Florida
6 posted 2001-01-08 05:09 PM

Irish~ Yes, he is ever willing to pick up the pieces. He is faithful, this much I know.

ellie~ I am thankful I can go to the throne of God, though I am not worthy.

Mandi~ Yes, there is joy in his presense. Real joy, the kind that touches the heart of your soul.

David~ Knowing God's mercy and grace is a very humbling experiance.

Thank you all for shareing with me...his love

BloomingRose
Member Elite
since 2000-08-09
Posts 3092
Florida
7 posted 2001-01-08 05:25 PM

Bonnie~ I did not mean to skip you. I do thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words.
Hugs,
Deb

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
8 posted 2001-01-09 01:02 AM

I think the Lord said it best..... "Thine will be done."  Often involved in telling God what we want for appetizers, we can neglect to taste of the banquet that He has already prepared for us.  By the way, your life is a tremendous witness for the Lord.  Love ya, Bob <><

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
9 posted 2001-01-11 10:08 AM

Funny, I was watching this morning, and they touched on falling, and how God is always there ready to lift us. Like a mother gives her baby enough room to learn how to walk, though they totter back and forth. And when they fall we lift them up and steady them. God is the same way, only we need to reach up and take hold of that hand He offers.

<*\\\><

I know not what the future holds,
but I know Who holds the future.

I don't question YOUR existance - GOD

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song
10 posted 2001-01-12 12:24 PM

I know part of the plan he held for you and I know there is more.  Just look at all that you gave to me through him my friend and that is all the reminder you will need.  I am far from where I need to be, but thanks to you, I know where I am headed now.  Excellent write my friend and it never hurts to get on your knees.  This you know.
BloomingRose
Member Elite
since 2000-08-09
Posts 3092
Florida
11 posted 2001-01-13 09:49 PM

Bob~ Thank you much, and yes God prepares a table for us and all we need do is come and dine. How often we settle for less.

whtdove~ I know from all God has done for me how much mercy and grace he gives. He has never failed me, and for that I am so thankful.

Mark~ We are all far from what we should be, that's why we need him so. I think you know what the power of his love can do. All you gotta do is ask. He loves you, it's just that simple. I am proud of you for the steps I see you taking.

LoveAll
since 2000-05-24
Posts 148
B'dale, USA
12 posted 2001-01-14 07:21 PM

This is so beautiful and simple.  It sings of the truth that God wants us to seek- coming before him humble and hungry for His love.  I love this!  Some of the best moments of my life have been spent on my knees...
God Bless and Keep Smiling
Stacey

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; run and not grow weary, walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:3

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Lord I'm On My Knees

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary