navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Murmurings of an Unreachable Paradise
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic Murmurings of an Unreachable Paradise Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
EagleScorpion
since 2000-03-08
Posts 1644
Here, Now, Forever

0 posted 2000-12-25 07:57 PM

The new day takes in it’s first morning breath,
As the sun crests the edge of this world,
The trees stretch their arms and yawn with the wind,
As the morning glory’s petals unfurl,
The wandering wind whispers in my ear,
As I breeze through this birth of new light,
Speaking softly to me, “Know you not what’s near?”
“Before tomorrow drives away this night?”
The tallgrass conducts it’s symphony,
I answer in silence profound,
How I long to bathe in her sympathy,
But I fear I have already drowned,
Now I sit at the peak of these valley walls,
Above the crystal waterfalls,
Strain from the pain of this life so stained,
Washes away the wonder of a will retained,
Leaving no care for all I’ve ever gained,
or loved, beaten down by my own remains.
This new soul takes in it’s first morning breath,
Born upon these valley cliffs,
Inside me the answer exists only not,
The clouds in the sky still shift,
“I know not what is to come” I say,
“As I know only this.”
“My destiny swells from my own creation,”
“What I long for will not be unkissed,”
An eagle now soars these boundless skies,
While the faithful wind answers me,
“Live not your life, in that of disguise,”
“And manipulative tyranny.”
“Seek this life within yourself,”
“For I know not what is to come”
“I inquire, merely, of your inner wealth,”
“For you are the chosen one.”
The vagabond air now speaks no more,
Curtains of silence blanket infinite shores,
I know, yet know not, what’s now in store,
Clandestine before and evermore,
For I am the eagle that soars.

Will you come travel with me? Shall we stick by each other as long as we live?

© Copyright 2000 Joseph Alexander Knob - All Rights Reserved
deleeme
since 1999-10-09
Posts 1766
NEW ENGLAND, USA
1 posted 2000-12-26 09:26 AM

WoW!  what a vivid picture in words you portray here- the imagry is picturesque,the sense of struggle tugs at the heart- the idea of overcoming is glorius, as the eagles soaring over the deep valley which once imprisoned the burdened soul.
  Your style is most impressive, your message one reaches out and touches.  Thank you,  David

To put together words & rhyme--and touch a life--is so sublime! Thank God for such precious contact! (D.L.White)

ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA
2 posted 2000-12-26 12:35 PM

The Spirit of rebirth and courage to change is so vivdly described in your incredibly well written poem. I agree with David...WOW!

Belief is a truth held in the mind; faith is a fire in the heart.

Joseph Fort Newton

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
3 posted 2000-12-27 04:29 PM

For me your poem represents expanding beyond our own limitations.  Viewing life from a more holistic perspective.  A soul set free from the bondage of one's self.  A marvelous revelation of inner being would surely answer the clandestine?  Looking at life from an Eagle's view has a way of bringing all things into light, I believe.  

Bob <><

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
4 posted 2000-12-30 04:01 PM

An awesome piece!  This one is so encouraging and uplifting, painted elequently.  I do pray this is your true heart feeling.  Thank you.  Rae
CitiZen-One
since 2000-09-22
Posts 84
New Mexico
5 posted 2000-12-31 02:01 AM

Wow, this is probably one of the best poems I ever read. Top 50 ever! The beginning was so well written that I thought for a moment that you might be a professional writer. I wish I could shake your hand as this poem was simply fantastica.
EagleScorpion
since 2000-03-08
Posts 1644
Here, Now, Forever
6 posted 2001-01-08 12:43 PM

deleeme, thank you so much for taking the time out to read this analytically (sp?)  )

ellie LeJeune, thanks for the WOW! I think thats the first WOW I've ever gotten!   P

lighthouse bob, i agree, the view of an eagle must be a spellbinding one. I will never truly know, yet I strive for it.
mail me some <>< 's!! Just one? Please?

a sandgrain, this poem was completely from the heart (to the best of my ability)

Citizen One, wow, I didnt think it was THAT good. but hey thats cool

BSC
Member Elite
since 2000-02-04
Posts 2919
New York, USA
7 posted 2001-01-08 10:08 AM

Wow Eagle ~ Simply incredible from first to last.  Such inspiration with wonderful imagery.  Bonnie
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
8 posted 2001-01-11 10:12 AM

I have to add too, that I'm awed by the wonderful use of imagery in here! This was EXCELLENT!

<*\\\><

I know not what the future holds,
but I know Who holds the future.

I don't question YOUR existance - GOD

BloomingRose
Member Elite
since 2000-08-09
Posts 3092
Florida
9 posted 2001-01-11 07:31 PM

Wonderful poetry.
Chosen for a reason, a destiny yet revealed. Simply follow, you will "know" when he opens a door.
Deb

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song
10 posted 2001-01-12 12:48 PM

This was an amazing read and will go into my library.  Your images alone are outstanding but the message behind your words was tremendous.  Finding that boundary that we hold ourselves to and taking the courage to accept what we could not possibly understand and crossing that boundary is the most rewarding experience we could ever hope to realize.  Excellently penned.
EagleScorpion
since 2000-03-08
Posts 1644
Here, Now, Forever
11 posted 2001-04-21 02:29 PM

you know, periodically, i turn back to this poem for my own and other's thoughts on me..

EagleScorpion
since 2000-03-08
Posts 1644
Here, Now, Forever
12 posted 2001-07-03 05:02 PM

DAaa what the heck..
maybe someone will read it again ;-)

Love is God. Love is war. Love is what your life is for.

GOlDsparklESS
since 2001-12-13
Posts 428
central nj
13 posted 2002-07-18 03:29 AM

maybe...then again...
this poem is significant.  i think the reason its so GOOD is because you were being genuine.  the imagery, the message, feelings are so you! this is your soul being!!! its clear people saw that and responded like they did because they felt that. when you're being honest, believe me, there is no way anybody could ever deny you, and what you have to say. i was surprised when i read your earlier poetry.. it seems like you had so much wisdom already.  i think people under estimate you.  i think you under estimate you !
all that crazy stuff that happened/ IS happening is so stupid.  for what its worth, our friendship has affected me a lot. you've shown me so much! even though we've been   really stupid, dense at times I think we managed to realize major things and grow ! together.  conversations with god  basically blew me out of my little universe, and i KNOW how deeply you were/are affected. it seemed like too much to handle. the fact that you read and understood it, felt the truth inside, validated/reassured me so much! more than anybody else could have.  more than i could have ever told you, though i tried. in my somewhat half-assed way of communicating.    anyway, i can't blame you for messed up things that happen.  i truly could never be mad at you. even though you talked a lot of ****.  ha ha.
this is but one drop of thought that i'm feeling.  essentially, i love you a lot!
i hope one day we can talk again!  see ya!

the end

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
14 posted 2002-07-19 11:47 PM

Well some did and are glad of it.  The courage of going beyond our limitations is what makes us who we can be.  To almost step outside of ourselves and really take a look at the "whole picture" and fine tune it takes courage.  This was truly an amazing piece of writing and I am honored to put it into my library and share it with others in Passions as well, by sending out a link to it.  Fantastic imagery in this.

Nothing means more to me than faith,
family and my friends.

Proud Canadian

[This message has been edited by Mysteria (07-20-2002 12:30 AM).]

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
15 posted 2002-07-20 12:02 PM

Yup Sharon, thanks for the nice share.

Eagle Scorpion,
It is impressive and honesty truly is a part of the reason. Well done and words to challenge a reader by. Thanks.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
16 posted 2002-07-20 07:39 AM

Joseph, a friend shared this with me, and I am so very glad she did so, because if you are capable of this type of work, then I would see more of this from you.  I know my opinion means nothing to you, as you put in your "Constructive Critiques" message, but I thought I would let you know, regardless, that this shows some exceptional talent.

Thanks!

Karilea
If I whisper, will you listen?...
I would rather be silent and write, than speak loudly and be bound.

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
17 posted 2002-07-20 10:04 AM

Eagle

Fine writing...uplifting, full of the beauty of searching, human and spirit-filled...much enjoyed!

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
18 posted 2002-07-20 12:34 PM

...Absolutely breathtaking!!...

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
19 posted 2002-07-20 10:46 PM

BRAVO!!! Yes, yes, always live life within yourself and be that eagle that flies with grace and a loving smile! (big hugggssssss) he always trains His eagles and you are a true one of grae, sweet friend, God Bless You, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Joseph, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
20 posted 2002-07-26 10:19 AM

EagleScorpion
You poetically soared over every valley.
It is a flight I have taken. But the soaring is not hard, It's the landing. Enjoyed

miriam
since 1999-08-26
Posts 323
glendale,ca.
21 posted 2002-07-26 12:46 PM

WOW!!!  Your life is yours to live!!!  thank you for sharing this wonderful poem with us.

miriam coronado

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Murmurings of an Unreachable Paradise

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary