navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Time Wasted
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic Time Wasted Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
MADDavid
since 1999-12-04
Posts 26
Carrollton, TX, USA

0 posted 1999-12-12 02:48 PM

Time Wasted

Has anyone experienced as I have this season
Where all your time disappears without reason
Here I am on Sunday morning with a million things to do
Yet for some reason I can't even get started, can you?

What is it that takes all our time?
We still have 24 hours in one day sublime.
The older I get the less time I have to sleep.
When I was young the time seemed to creep.

I can only regain time by asking for God's plan.
Why is that so difficult for man?
Why do we even ponder in our own mind,
the things that are so evidently devined...

Shine a light and darkness disappears.

© Copyright 1999 Mayme David - All Rights Reserved
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
1 posted 1999-12-12 03:01 PM

MaddDavid this is great. It says so much. It's so true, why can't we seem to find the time. What is it that takes us away from what we should be doing and focusing on!?
Could it be the worldly things? I know sometimes in my daily madness I notice the same thing. Everything else has taken priority except God which should be first! Thank you for posting this!

<*\\\><
Jesus is the reason for the season

poetFemmeFatale
Member Elite
since 1999-07-25
Posts 2646
Arkansas
2 posted 1999-12-12 03:29 PM

"mama"  David, is this your poem?  Is the poetry fever rubbing off on you too?  Fabulous !!  Now we're all struck with it !  LOL  Boy, can I relate to what you said in this one.....My days could have 48 hours right now, and I still wouldn't be done with everything !!  ARGH !   Glad to see you posting !!  Tell dad his poem is ready in Open, if he hasn't seen it yet....I love you both !!  

- - - If I can just touch you once, then I feel I have accomplished what I am called to do...- - pFF

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
3 posted 1999-12-12 10:31 PM

Strange how we have all these timesavers that take so much of our time, isn't it?
Your poem sure hit home with me. Thanks.

MADDavid
since 1999-12-04
Posts 26
Carrollton, TX, USA
4 posted 1999-12-13 12:57 PM

Thanks to all who read this poem.  It was a first for me.  I am very new to this writing.  I have always just enjoyed reading.  RS Evans is my son and always has been very gifted.  I really do not like my username but I don't know how to change it.  It was supposed to be MAEDavid.  Can any of you'll help me out on this.  I really don't want to stay MAD to long. HE HE

Shine a light and darkness disappears.

Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA
5 posted 1999-12-13 02:18 AM

Great poem.  Here it is 12 days till Christmas and I have only gotten one present LoL.  But I have been doing work for God, so no one better mind LoL.  

~*~ Hell is not a place of fire and a devil with a tail and horns. But a place of torment because the light of God is gone. To escape this, accept the blood of Jesus Christ! ~*~

poetFemmeFatale
Member Elite
since 1999-07-25
Posts 2646
Arkansas
6 posted 1999-12-13 03:02 AM

Mayme, I posted your question in the Q&A forum, in hopes that someone wiser can assist your "name" problem...I'm sure someone will help!     If ever you have something that stumps you, you can always go there, and leave a message or request for someone to help....Keep on eye on it to see if you get some advice, ok?  They're pretty good about replying quick too...Sorry I couldn't be of more help...My answer was just to reregister, but you said it wouldn't let you?  HHmmmm....
Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
7 posted 1999-12-13 01:48 PM

Time does seem short, but then time is always short for earthly detail, anyway.  Make the most of it.  

I must apologize, I misunderstood your earlier replies to some of my posts, I thought you were "Femme's Father".

If no one responds to Gennifer's question in the Q&A, I would email Ron, I'm sure he can change your screenname so you won't be MAD anymore...LOL

Michael

mirjam
since 1999-11-24
Posts 246
Auckland, New Zealand
8 posted 1999-12-14 11:42 PM

True so true! This hit home for me too, and God really should be put first, and then everything else will follow according to plan, yet we seem to run around silly doing so much yet achieving so little - we wonder why i guess!!!  Loved this poem.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Time Wasted

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary