navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » My Mortality Well Noted
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic My Mortality Well Noted Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
deleeme
since 1999-10-09
Posts 1766
NEW ENGLAND, USA

0 posted 2000-10-28 06:08 PM

How quickly my life is fleeting
How soon this life will be o'er,
Departing this land of testing
Thrust up on Eternity's Shore.

I have no home abiding
Here in this world below,
This tent I have is waxing old
And back to it's dust must go.

Have I used my time here wisely
To invest in eternity,
Foregoing the short term gains
For my Savior's Excellency?

And when my life is over
How will it then be viewed?
"He spent his life helping others."
Or, "Look how much he accrued!"

LORD, teach me to number my days
My heart, to Your Wisdom apply,
That when I'm through with the walks of men
I may be right there by Your Side!

WOW- another day of life-and here among friends!
Ain't God Grand!

© Copyright 2000 David L. White - All Rights Reserved
ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA
1 posted 2000-10-28 06:34 PM

Dear David: May I join you in this heavenly song of prayer and hope and praise? I,like you, pray to that our lord will say "well done, my good and faithful servant". In my opinion, as your friend, do not doubt that our Lord is well pleased with your openness to his Grace and love, your hearing and doing of His Word! Amen!  love, Ellie

le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne con-nait point....the heart has its reasons that reason knows nothing of..

StarGlow
since 2000-10-23
Posts 40

2 posted 2000-10-28 07:15 PM

Hello deleeme,
  I waited til someone posted; being new to the forums I couldn't wait to post. What words describe the thoughts you provoked? these things, we should know and hear.MyEars hear. I am thaxful.  Beautiful job.  Star

juliet_2u
since 2000-07-23
Posts 1125
North Carolina
3 posted 2000-10-28 07:21 PM

Oh David this is so beautiful. It is my hearts cry that He be pleased with me. I could so relate to your words here. Just lovely my friend.
Juls

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
4 posted 2000-10-28 10:03 PM

What a wonderful, humble prayer you've penned.  No doubt it's those who pray to make the best use of time given here, who already are.  Thanks for another inspiration from your poetry ministry.    Rae
BSC
Member Elite
since 2000-02-04
Posts 2919
New York, USA
5 posted 2000-10-28 10:12 PM

Oh David....What a beautiful prayer, one that I'll read over and over, as I try to do what's best.... Bonnie
BloomingRose
Member Elite
since 2000-08-09
Posts 3092
Florida
6 posted 2000-10-28 10:43 PM

Amen to that! I too want to stand before him one day, and hear him say, well done my good and faithful servant.
Deb

Alle'cram
since 2000-02-28
Posts 1816
Texas
7 posted 2000-10-28 10:57 PM

Dear David,
   You know, we can just tell when it's from the heart, can't we? This is powerful and something we all should strive to be, more like Jesus. You've said it beautifully and I join with you and others here, echoing these very words of love and desires in prayer.
Marcy

Stephanos
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-31
Posts 3618
Statesboro, GA, USA
8 posted 2000-10-28 11:04 PM

A wonderful wisdom piece this is!  I love the contrast of which world will be the center of attention.  If it is this world, the next world is forfeited and this one becomes selfish and less productive.  If it is the world to come, that world is gloriously obtained and even this present age becomes fruitful and productive in the kingdom of God (as we learn to live less selfishly).  Bravo.

2dalimit
Member Elite
since 2000-02-08
Posts 2228
Mississippi coast
9 posted 2000-10-29 07:25 AM

David,
You have capture a wonderful prayer for us all. Thank you for posting.
Melton

Dennis L. White
since 2000-02-17
Posts 1463
Michigan, U.S.A.
10 posted 2000-10-29 09:43 AM

David,
  Knowing you as a brother and a friend, I know of your humble heart and desire to serve your Savior. May God continue to bless you in your walk here as you prepare for eternity. Love always, brother Dennis

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » My Mortality Well Noted

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary