navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Walk With Me ---- Duet with BloomingRose
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic Walk With Me ---- Duet with BloomingRose Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song

0 posted 2000-10-12 04:23 PM

Walk With Me

Walk with me my friend
in the light of the Lord
and show me the essence
of beauty in "his" love
as we journey hand in hand

Take my hand...
it's hard to take the first step
if not for the light
learn to walk by faith
"his" promise he will keep

I see "his" strength in you
in every action you take, so
my friend I will take your
hand and trust in "him" as I
know that he will not forsake.

A reflection of "his" light
shines in hearts that trust
in your darkest night
you'll grope no more
for in "him" you'll find hope

I feel the warmth of "him"
when your hand I do take
the surge of calmness
the promise of peace
in "him" we shall walk eternally

written by:

BloomingRose and
Mark Bohannan

*I would like to personally thank Deb for #1 her devotion to Christ and #2 her dedication to helping me in my walk with "him" as well and her continued friendship in not only showing me that but in also showing me what I have someday to look forward to and that is the happiness and trust her and her husband share in their walk with him together.*

[This message has been edited by Mark Bohannan (edited 10-12-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Mark Bohannan - All Rights Reserved
Alle'cram
since 2000-02-28
Posts 1816
Texas
1 posted 2000-10-12 05:23 PM

Deb, Mark,  This is so nice!! It's so good to have a friend's hand to hold, til we are secure in our faith. Mark, one day you will extend your hand, as Deb is doing to you, that you may hold their hand til they are secure in their faith. This is a wonderful poem/testimony, and to you both, God Bless!  Marcy

BloomingRose
Member Elite
since 2000-08-09
Posts 3092
Florida
2 posted 2000-10-12 05:42 PM

Mark,
It was a pleasure and honor to write this duet with you.
I hope you someday find through Jesus Christ the same peace and joy, that I know can come from no other source. I am confindent that this, you will find.
Your friend always,
Deb

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
3 posted 2000-10-12 08:52 PM

BloomingRose and MarkB~
What a wonderful testimony to Him
and to friendship.

Beautifully written and shared.
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2000-10-12 09:48 PM

Deb, Mark, sharing faith can be easy for some, accepting faith is hard for most, but once that step is taken, then hope, promise, joy and love seem to run right in and dance with you.

You both did wonderfully in sharing this lovely message.

Karilea
If I whisper, will you listen?...KRJ

Butterflies_dont_cry
Member Elite
since 2000-03-06
Posts 3733
Michigan
5 posted 2000-10-12 10:57 PM

Mark and Deb*
This was so beautiful...tis why everyone
needs friends, a gift from God to show us
the pathway to him.  Your words have lit the
pathway to my heart tonight...a beautiful
friendship has been found and will be
forever cherished as it is growing with
a shared walk in faith.

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
6 posted 2000-10-13 01:05 PM

Marcy-Thank you and it is my desire to one day to the same for at least one person but hopefully more the same that Deb is doing for me.  She has shown so much love and inspiration as a friend to me through her belief that I feel for the first time in a long time the peace and comfort that I have been needing and seeking.

Deb-I will find that and I know it thanks to your patience and caring and the time you spend in teaching me all those little lessons.  The honor is and will forever be mine.  You know you mean the world to me my friend and I thank God for you.

Marge-Thank you my friend and you are another that has taught me much and I feel as if I have a friend for life in you as well.  

Karilea-I am getting there and I do trust in "him" and also the person that "he" chose to work with me...that being Deb and I know that I will find that path because of her and her dedication.  Thank you

Holly-You above anyone else here knows me for me and more of me than anyone else either so you know how much this friendship means to me and how special friendships CAN and do lead to a lifetime of happiness.  I have found alot of that in you and I sincerley hope to one day share this walk with you as well as we have so many other walks.  My friend, above all I love you as I have loved no other and you are my inspiration in so many ways and I thank you for that.  With two friends such as Deb and yourself, how on earth could I miss.

[This message has been edited by Mark Bohannan (edited 10-13-2000).]

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

7 posted 2000-10-13 02:05 PM

Take my hand...
it's hard to take the first step
if not for the light
learn to walk by faith
"his" promise he will keep

I see "his" strength in you
in every action you take, so
my friend I will take your
hand and trust in "him" as I
know that he will not forsake.

A reflection of "his" light
shines in hearts that trust
in your darkest night
you'll grope no more
for in "him" you'll find hope
=================

Deb and MC ...
you two have sung for us a lovely duet...
sweet with the promise that faith brings...
the quiet comfort that comes in just knowing
he is there for us ...
wonderful writing between friends ...
we all need a hand held out at times
Mark you have been that hand for me...
and I thank you for that quiet comfort.
I enjoy seeing this side of you, your writing.
Im so pleasesd Deb has opened this door for you... as you know I had the same hand held put to me by my angel, so I understand.
jm

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
8 posted 2000-10-13 07:29 PM

You,ve got me in tears...

I am also thankful for those with Light who stand in the gap of darkness between a blinded world and our Lord leading our hands into the hand of our Savior Jesus Christ who can open our eyes and give us direction...

I've got to tell you, "You are in good hands."  God Bless You, Bob <><

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
9 posted 2000-10-14 07:10 PM

JM-Thank you so much and I too have learned from you.  I am glad that you like this side of me as this is what I truely have been looking for and yes Deb has given more in her friendship and accetped a challenge (put forth to her from God and you know above anyone just how much of a challenge I can be) than anyone person should have to just to get me this far.  That is part of her strength and I know that in her dedication to "him" that she will someday see that strength in me.

Bob-Thank you and I could never say how much admiration I have for her character and I know that it all comes from her faith in the Lord and yes I know that I am in good hands.

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
10 posted 2000-10-15 05:43 PM

Beautifully written you two! It is so amazing how God sends those that we need across our path. What a blessing!

<*\\\><

I know not what the future holds,
but I know Who holds the future.

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
11 posted 2000-10-16 07:44 AM

WhtDove-Thank you very much.
sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
12 posted 2000-10-16 02:06 PM

A wonderful poem and moreso due to shared efforts.  At 65, I've had many cross my path, inspiring me.  Cleaning drawers last week, I found a thank you from one of my clients who said she'd really strayed, and I'd inspired her to get back on track.  We never know as we live our daily lives, who's in need, or has just the offering we need.  God's blessed you both and all of us you've shared with.  Thank you, Rae
Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
13 posted 2000-10-17 02:30 AM

Rae-Thank you for that story and someday I hope to tell of my own and as for Deb, well, I could never voice the impact she has had on me and I hope that there will be a time to where she can tell a story similar to yours with me as the one she lead back to the light.
BSC
Member Elite
since 2000-02-04
Posts 2919
New York, USA
14 posted 2000-10-17 09:07 AM

Wonderful job you two.  A beautiful poem pieced together with angel's wings.  Bonnie
vlraynes
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-25
Posts 8229
Somewhere... out there...
15 posted 2000-10-18 01:54 PM

Mark & BloomingRose-
   WOW! this is absolutely beautiful.
   such a lovely duet you two have sung
   for us.    isn't friendship just
   wonderful.    you both did a great
   job with this.  i LOVE it!!  

((((hugs)))),
       -vicky

"...until you have read the verse on his
heart, you have not truely met the poet."
-vlraynes

BloomingRose
Member Elite
since 2000-08-09
Posts 3092
Florida
16 posted 2000-10-19 04:57 PM

Marge~ Thank you. I hope to continue to share the hope of Christ.

Sunshine~ You are right in that it's not easy to take that step of faith, but there is joy on the other side of the dividing line. Thank you.

Butterflies~ Thank you, I hope the shared walk will leave a lasting testimony. A walk with Christ is not in vain.

JM~ Thank you and I am glad you were touched by the walk too.

Bob~ Tears of joy shared by one who truly knows the Lord and understands who holds the keys. Thank you.

Whtdove~ Thank you, I too am blessed by this.

Rae~ You are right... we never know.
Thank you for that little testimony of your own. It opens me to remember just that, we never know who we might touch.

Bonnie~ Thank you, I liked that...pieced together with angel wings.

Vicky~ Thank you, and I am glad you were touched by this.

Mark~ Again, I thank you for sharing this walk with me. I hope and pray one day you will know, without a doubt it is a forever walk with the Lord that you can keep.
Hugs from Gods angel wings~
Deb

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Walk With Me ---- Duet with BloomingRose

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary