navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #4 » Something I Never Had
Open Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Something I Never Had Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA

0 posted 1999-12-08 05:58 AM

You walked away
you took my heart
no choice was given
you tore me apart

There was no good-bye
you never cared
the words I hate you
were all that you shared

With all the tears I've cried
and all the losses felt
you burned my heart
just to watch it melt

My love for you
is always here
but your constant rejection
is what I fear

I can live without you
that wasnt my choice to make
but knowing that you hate me
is too much for me to take

By birth right you're my father
but I'll NEVER call you dad
cause the love you should have given
is something I never had...
< !signature-->

~*~ Hell is not a place of fire and a devil with a tail and horns.  But a place of torment because the light of God is gone.  To escape this, accept the blood of Jesus Christ! ~*~

[This message has been edited by Echo Rhayne (edited 12-08-1999).]

© Copyright 1999 Echo Rhayne - All Rights Reserved
Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

1 posted 1999-12-08 06:04 AM

Many hugs Echo.
The word hate is cruel, isn't it?
Well written piece.

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
2 posted 1999-12-08 07:38 AM

Echo....nice bash there gal...sad though..but understandable......
Blue Eyed Wanderer
since 1999-09-26
Posts 84
Rhode Island, US
3 posted 1999-12-08 03:09 PM

Now ya got me crying!    It was so beautiful and describes my own father so perfectly. I know just what you mean with every word in this. It definately deserves to go in my favorites folder.  

~Jess~

Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA
4 posted 1999-12-08 04:48 PM

Severn...Thanks for the hugs...Yes, the word hate is very cruel, and when it comes from your own father, its even crueler.  

Toe...Thanks, I tried to make it as nice as possible  

Jess...Didn't mean to make you cry hun, and I am sure it describes a lot of fathers, which, all I can say, really sucks.  It does suck doesn't it?? *hugs* to you

~*~ Hell is not a place of fire and a devil with a tail and horns. But a place of torment because the light of God is gone. To escape this, accept the blood of Jesus Christ! ~*~

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
5 posted 1999-12-08 05:51 PM

Oh those words hurt to the core! Echo it's his loss, one that he will come to regret someday!  You know we all love ya! HUGS girl!

<*\\\><
Jesus is the reason for the season

Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA
6 posted 1999-12-08 06:01 PM

Well, if you knew anything about my father you would probably agree with me when I say, he will never regret it.  He doesn't care!  Maybe his loss, but it's also mine as well.  I don't know, tis a long story and to make it short, he's an @$$, who cares nothing for me and wants nothign to do with me, and wants me out of his family.  

~*~ Hell is not a place of fire and a devil with a tail and horns. But a place of torment because the light of God is gone. To escape this, accept the blood of Jesus Christ! ~*~

Tara Simms
since 1999-08-12
Posts 1244
Honea Path, SC USA
7 posted 1999-12-08 07:27 PM

Echo, the hurt in this is so palpable.  I feel for you honey.  As you said, it's your loss too.  I pray that someday you will find peace and forgiveness, for your sake, not his.

It matters not how strait the gate;
How charged with punishments the scroll;
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
--W.E. Henley

Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA
8 posted 1999-12-09 01:48 AM

Tara...I have found forgiveness for him, but I will never forget.  As far as peace...I am trying!  Thanks for reading and for your comment!

Betty Gravitt
since 1999-09-11
Posts 222
Georgia United States
9 posted 1999-12-09 05:39 AM

Echo fathers can be the cruelest things we know. My dad never said he hated me, he used other ways to make his hate known. It took me a long time to find peace, but I did, and you will. Special (((( Hugs )))) coming your way, and one of these too.  

B Gravitt

Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA
10 posted 1999-12-09 05:42 PM

Thanks for the hugs  and for the comment.  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #4 » Something I Never Had

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary