navwin » Main Forums » Poetry Workshop » The Corporate Bore
Poetry Workshop
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Corporate Bore Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bridget Shenachie
since 2002-01-23
Posts 1056
Kansas USA

0 posted 2002-02-18 10:46 PM

This is my first poem posted as Bridget Shenachie. I started posting poems with a Class and a Creative Writing Group called the PRAIRIE INKWELLS.
Nan, thank you for giving me access to the Workshop.

I enjoyed the response from The Lady in Red so much that I thought up another Corporate personality to follow the previous triolet attempts. This has been fun!

The Corporate Bore

I was trapped by the corporate bore.
He had me by the buttonhole,
Caught, couldn’t reach the door.
My eyes glaze while he tells me more,
Holding forth, until he drains my soul.
He had me by the buttonhole.

(I have been writing free verse so meter and rhyme are new to me. I will appreciate being told what I obviously don't know about my mistakes.)

Bridget Shenachie

© Copyright 2002 Louise Ryan - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2002-02-19 10:03 AM

Buttonhole is not a common word in this day of polyester and nylon, but I'm glad to see it, for it fits this piece SO very well...

Lady in Red
since 2000-02-16
Posts 147

2 posted 2002-02-20 01:54 PM

Welcome "first poem posted as Bridget Shenachie." I'm honoured my craziness inspired to another Triolet, but be careful girl... before you know it we'll drag you into the 'Stute and have you eat gooey stew with all the Loonies.

Since everything abnormal is normal in my world and Justin Sanity my brother, I cannot say any different then I enjoyed your Triolet - and for Sunshine's information... buttonhole may be odd in your world, I assure you we love buttonholes in the 'Stute. In fact, ONE FLEW OVER wrote an awesome poem about buttons once.

Should you ever feel the urge to find out what the 'Stute is about, please visit my (our)homepage. Most of our insanity is right there.

Justin Sayne
since 1999-10-09
Posts 53

3 posted 2002-02-24 01:20 PM

Hey - Lady in Red... Go to your room...

Bridget has a great poem here - Don't be scaring her off...

Bridget Shenachie
since 2002-01-23
Posts 1056
Kansas USA
4 posted 2002-03-06 01:27 AM

It was so good to hear from the folks at the "Stute"!  

Dear Justin Sayne, I didn't get scared off by the Lady in Red.  Thanks for your concern but I found her very encouraging.  Dear Lady in Red, I'll be checking into the "Stute" soon.

It looks like we're out of time for Triolets so I guess that I'll just post the rest in open poetry.  This was a great way to deal with corporate stress.

Good to hear from you!
Shenachie

[This message has been edited by Bridget Shenachie (03-06-2002 01:38 AM).]

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
5 posted 2002-03-07 12:45 PM

Surprise...
*BUMP*

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
6 posted 2002-03-09 08:45 AM

Bridget - This is wonderful... and please DO feel free to ignore anyone who claims to be Justin Sayne... Sunshine can give you a little background on that character...
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
7 posted 2002-03-18 05:08 AM

Bridget, do be careful, Justin Sayne is a strange lady, and I am afraid that Lady in Red is not all that much more sane really! Oh, I lost my trend of thought there are so many echoes in here lately, makes one so aSTUTE to catch all the details around them.  I myself have heard the term buttonhole of late, and I wondered Sunshine if you had heard the term, "button your lip?", would that not require a buttonhole? Well I am delighted that you are finding corporate personalities to increase our enjoyment of your poetry, and of course, welcome to Passions       I should bring in a friend of mine for all to meet as well, her name is Mana Arac, but she goes by M.  She could use some poetry workshops let me tell you!

The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.
  ~* Albert Einstein *~

[This message has been edited by Mysteria (03-19-2002 12:40 AM).]

Bridget Shenachie
since 2002-01-23
Posts 1056
Kansas USA
8 posted 2002-03-18 10:32 PM

Mysteria, I am delighted with your case of mistaken identity; truly, I am not Sunshine.  Go figure!!  

Shenachie

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
9 posted 2002-03-18 11:11 PM

I got caught with my brain in a knot?  Well there is a first time for everything I guess.  I should explain I had just figured out something and I didn't know you were a "real" person LOL You see "some" tend to try to fool me sometimes, and I thought I caught someone trying to pull the wool over my eyes again.  Welcome to Passions if I did not say that already, and you will get used to me, I am strange but not a scary kind of strange - Oh boy, I am laughing so hard here, but you have to know me to understand how easily I laugh.  Glad you understand that makes at least three people who do now.  Sorry for involving you in my typical crazy antics.
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
10 posted 2002-03-19 07:08 AM

See Bridget? I told you she was not Justin Sayne, although she's very close to Justin Descrybable...and a true delight!

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
11 posted 2002-03-19 01:52 PM

Didn't you mean Justin DescrybabBle?
Lady in Red
since 2000-02-16
Posts 147

12 posted 2002-03-21 03:53 PM

Shhhhh Mysteria! If my brother Justin Genious finds out your brain's in a knot, you may be in trouble!

Thanks for leaving your mark in our guestbook girl.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
13 posted 2002-03-21 03:59 PM

Don't you be letting any of these poets be twisting your words none, y'hear?  Some of 'em get pretty ornery at times...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Poetry Workshop » The Corporate Bore

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary