navwin » Main Forums » Poetry Workshop » Update
Poetry Workshop
Post A Reply Post New Topic Update Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
rachaelfuchsberger
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2007-02-21
Posts 609
Las Vegas, NV

0 posted 2009-10-17 02:21 PM

Tonia's breast cancer is at stage two. They will be doing a double mastectomy, and depending on how that turns out, she may need chemo therapy. She's taking it better than I am, but, we're both taking it one day at a time. Since the oncologist told us that my smoking around her could complicate the cancer and the recovery, I will be quitting cold turkey after today. We're in for a long hard road ahead, but we're certain that as long as we're together, we can get through anything.

Arana Darkwolf

© Copyright 2009 Rachael Fuchsberger - All Rights Reserved
dragngrl28
since 2009-10-12
Posts 45
Texas, USA
1 posted 2009-10-17 05:32 PM

I hope that the surgery successfully removes all of the cancer and that Tonia recovers quickly. You and your loved one will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight.
rachaelfuchsberger
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2007-02-21
Posts 609
Las Vegas, NV
2 posted 2009-10-17 07:12 PM

Thank you, drgngrl, and welcome to PiP!

Arana Darkwolf

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
3 posted 2009-10-18 09:44 AM

You both sound like people that WILL get through....I pray all goes well.
Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

4 posted 2009-10-19 12:00 PM

Sorry about the stage two diagnosis.  You will continue in my prayers, the both of you.  Quitting the sticks will be a help for both of you.  I hated doing it myself about 35 years ago, going through three packs a day.  I substituted chewing toothpicks, which I can't recommend.  I think I must have gone through a couple of pine trees on my own, but it was well worth it.  You'll have the satisfaction of helping both of you, which will help.

Best wishes to both of you,  Bob Kaven

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

5 posted 2009-10-19 12:16 PM

Dear Rachael,

In case you hadn't had a chance to follow up on this, I wanted to include at least one reference for you to have a look at.  Some friends of my wife are helping administer the Associates in Breast and Prostate Cancer Research, who've helped fund some of this blue node stuff, and it's apparently useful in limiting the extent of the surgery necessary in some cases by seeing how far back the lymph nodes are involved.  

You want to get get enough, but you don't want to take more than necessary, right?

Hope this can help.

Bob Kaven

http://books.google.com/books?id=ulMxPjpK_VUC&pg=PA46&lpg=PA46&dq=blue+node+technology&source=bl&ots=knTm1ti41o&sig=qzirZxbONn0zpjKngzAO1zF7Z10&hl=en&ei=pOTbSv_pEoSuswOuj5SxCQ&sa=X &oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CBwQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=blue%20node%20technology&f=false

rachaelfuchsberger
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2007-02-21
Posts 609
Las Vegas, NV
6 posted 2009-10-19 01:36 PM

Thank you all very much for the support. She has a consultation with the surgeon next Tuesday, and then a follow up with the oncologist on next Thursday.

Arana Darkwolf

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Poetry Workshop » Update

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary