navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » something you will want to read
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic something you will want to read Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tara
since 2000-02-21
Posts 76
Minnesota

0 posted 2000-04-13 10:52 PM

Today my friend megan lost so much.  her parents died in a car accident  in illinios on their way to florida.  her younger sister was in the car along with her friend.  the friend, who was 13 years old, died also.  the sister broke her leg and came through surgery fine.  her brother was also in the car, but he was ok.  our whole town is in tears.  Her parents were wonderful people.  they are all wonderful people.  i don't understand why terrible things always happen to the best people.  i hope you'll tell me what you think of my poem.  i'm not gonna give it to her because i think it would make her even more sad, but we'll see.  And next time you see your mom and dad, make sure you give them a big hug and tell them you love them because you don't know, they might be gone tomorrow.

my dear friend i don't know your pain
all i can say is life's goes on
i don't know the hurt you feel
to know that they are gone

it was all so sudden
you had no warning at all
suddenly, pulled out of class
into the cold dark hall

you had to hear such awful words
"Megan, your parents died
there was an awful car crash"
we know how much you cried

because we all cried with you
the whole school was dressed in tears
for our dear friend who lost so much
and now has so many fears

Your three sisters and your brother
have lost as much as you
all five of you now orphaned
all with hearts so blue

but don't forget we love you
don't forget we care
we always want to help you
and we'll always be there

© Copyright 2000 Tara - All Rights Reserved
Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
1 posted 2000-04-13 11:01 PM

How indcredibly awful Tara...what a thing to go through..I know I would be devastated.  You wrote a wonderful poem here and I wish you and of course megan the best in overcoming such a tragedy.

*Krista Knutson*

As soon as man does not take his existence for granted, but beholds it as something unfathomably mysterious, thought begins.
~*Albert Schweitzer*~

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
2 posted 2000-04-14 12:29 PM

I am deeply sorry for you and your friends loss. This poem is a beautful gesture that you can do for someone by enlightening them that they always have someone there. I also hope that you and your friend, Megan, overcome this horrible tragedy.

~AF~

"Poetry is the language in which man explores his own amazement."
Christopher Fry

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
3 posted 2000-04-14 05:48 AM

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. This is a tradgedy for your friend Megan, her siblings and your whole town. This is a beautiful poem, a wonderful way to reach out to Megan. I hope you and she are able to help each other through this terrible time.

Love and hugs,
Lizzie

"Poetry is the true expression of my soul, it is my ultimate means of communication. It is my rainbow of delight."

infinat3 sadn3ss
since 2000-02-14
Posts 85
somerset england
4 posted 2000-04-14 10:09 AM

when i hear that something like this has happened it males me wonder how people can believe in god , and still say hes good and loving . brought tears to my eyes (honestly)
Crystalina123
since 2000-01-31
Posts 228

5 posted 2000-04-14 02:18 PM

Tara,
I can't even begin to imagine the sorrow your friend must be feeling. I am so sorry, I know that it seems pointless, their death, but God has a reason. Two weeks ago, I lost one of my best friends to a car crash so I sympathasize. Just be there for your friend whenver she wants to talk or jjust laugh. You can E-mail me anytime at Crystalina123@yahoo.com -- beautiful poem.

Love,
Crystal

Infinat --
God does exist and he isd loving, he just takes the best for his angels.

"The worst of what people do to one another is deceive.
Because when you love someone you control their version
of reality. If you lie to them that's like making them
autistic so that what they believe is reality is in fact,
not their true situation at all."

It's not the angry words that break the heart, it's the silence.

Someone said that true love is like a ghost -- often spoke of but never seen.
I've seen both and yet in my darkest hours, tend to believe that neither exits.

**Angel**
since 2000-03-31
Posts 162

6 posted 2000-04-14 02:47 PM

This is a terrible loss for you and for your friend. I cannot comprehend the feeling of losing something so important in your life.
Your poem is wonderful. I think it is a great way to tell your friend how much you care and how you will support her through this.

Sending my love and support.

Lindsay

*Be strong*

Tara
since 2000-02-21
Posts 76
Minnesota
7 posted 2000-04-14 07:04 PM

Thanx everybody.  Megan is still in Illinios waiting for the swelling of her younger sister's injuries to go down.  They can't fly home to Minnesota until that happens.  The other little girls funeral is on Monday so we get out of school early to attend it.  The little girls mom was a teacher in our school so we all know the family well.  And again thanx.  TAra

[This message has been edited by Tara (edited 04-15-2000).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » something you will want to read

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary