navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Untitled
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Untitled Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tara
since 2000-02-21
Posts 76
Minnesota

0 posted 2000-03-03 05:58 PM

This is isn't really a poem, but sometimes no one else understands and I only have the paper to tell.

I've put up this wall in my heart.
I can't let anyone see that I still care.
No one would understand.
It's so incredibly hard to get over something that lasted a year and a seven months so quickly.
So I pretend that I'm over it and that it doesn't matter and that he's a jerk and that I don't care.
And everytime I do this, it makes it harder and harder to actually tell someone how I really feel.
I miss him so much.
He was my everything, almost like my husband.
It felt like we were married.
I was so completely comfortable with him.
If he wasn't at my house then I say at his.
I miss having someone that I can be one hundred percent completely honest with all the time.
I miss having the security of knowing he is there.
I miss his family, I became part of it.
I thought I was going to marry him.
I loved him more than anyone.
He was my first.
He taught me so much.
He helped me become a stronger person.
He shaped who I am today and I feel like a piece of me is missing without him.
And honestly, I still love him.
Not in that deep passionate way, but real love.
I could never stop loving him, because what we had was so special.
And most of all, I am scared to death that I might not ever feel that way again.

© Copyright 2000 Tara - All Rights Reserved
Penelope
since 2000-01-26
Posts 31

1 posted 2000-03-03 09:03 PM

Tara,

Thank you for sharing your writing...  I was almost in tears reading it (having a relationship like that myself and watching it seemingly crash before my eyes).  I am sure that you will be able to find somebody to make you feel that special glow in your heart again... when he comes you will know and although I'm not usually one on quoting country lyrics...  you may even "Thank God for unanswered prayers".  Stay strong, and I hope that you can find what you're needing.

-Penny

Danny Holloway
Member Elite
since 2000-01-15
Posts 2034
Tulsa, OK
2 posted 2000-03-04 11:54 AM

You will feel that way again, but now your heart must have time to recover from the loss of this person.  I think you have learned how deeply you can feel about someone and someday another person will be lucky to have your love.
Tara, glad you wrote this.  Sometimes you just have to get something out so you can move on.
Well written.  Look forward to seeing some poetry from you.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Untitled

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary