navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #3 » The Perfect Description of the eyes
Open Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Perfect Description of the eyes Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
theartuldodger
since 1999-10-08
Posts 2
Stone Mountain, GA, USA

0 posted 1999-10-08 01:40 PM

. . . I just can't figure one out.

Hey, I'm writing a poem about a woman in my life, and in another poem I saw online the author described his girlfriend as having "eyes that hold midnight." Unfortunately, my girlfriand has these beautiful light blue eyes, so midnight probably wouldn't cut it in the poem I'm writing about her. I need some suggestions on what comparison I could draw to her eyes that fits in the following sentence "eyes that hold ____." I've brainstormed quite a bit on this question, but so far, these were the only things i think of to compare her too:

Eyes that hold the crystal sea
Eyes that hold the reflection of the sun on the crystal sea
Eyes that enshrine the blooming of the desert bluebell

Now you can see why I could really use the help. Thanks all for taking the time to read this. Respond or email me with some suggestions.

------------------
Never take life seriously; nobody gets out alive, anwyay

© Copyright 1999 theartuldodger - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 1999-10-08 02:45 PM

use the last line, because sometimes the ocean appears green to some people...

and good luck.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #3 » The Perfect Description of the eyes

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary