navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #3 » truth #2
Open Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic truth #2 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
redwriter1
since 1999-07-22
Posts 480
Franklin, TN

0 posted 1999-10-03 08:10 PM

and if you say you're not sure of the existence of God.. does that mean you go to Hell... because you spoke the truth..

or..

are you a better person because you SAY you do.. and don't really belive it?

(getting deep , sorry).. but this is my most important thought of late

go to church.. bow, kneel.. go out and create havoc in your life.. but it's ok. cause you "say " the right things..

What if you just "do" the right thing.. and don't tell anyone.. ?..Does that count?.. And if it does.. to whom does it count?

© Copyright 1999 redwriter1 - All Rights Reserved
Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

1 posted 1999-10-03 08:45 PM

I think if there is a God, then He would know our hearts - and to HIm we would be accountable. Apparently He knows us deeper than we know ourselves and you can't hide form Him, so I truly don't think that pretense would work. Red - have you asked HIM? Perhaps you'll get an answer, perhaps not: it's a hard search this meaning of life thing.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #3 » truth #2

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary