navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Suicide
Open Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Suicide Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas

0 posted 1999-06-21 04:38 PM

?
?!
{:-{
?
!!!!
??

*** |-P
!!!!....

The Avante-Garde Alicat

------------------
Le Jongleur Aspirante

[This message has been edited by Alicat (edited 06-21-99).]

© Copyright 1999 Alastair Adamson - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 1999-06-21 04:43 PM

I don't think I've EVER seen such PURR-FECT rhyme and meter....

sea_of_okc
since 1999-06-15
Posts 568
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
2 posted 1999-06-21 04:47 PM

Ummmm... will there be a test on this?
Craig
since 1999-06-10
Posts 444

3 posted 1999-06-21 04:58 PM

Here’s a few words you may want to use in your next one, trust me they’re all there only they might not be in the right order

When the pressure fell on shoulders bent already twisted from a journey in these shoes
I failed, fell, flailed, spat blood and was sent to the house where they send the confused
found guilty, lost words rushing, pushing senseless words that I had dreamed and written,
the bad words, cracked my mind from ear to ear it took my sanity, but They took my kitten
small kitten, high price for bad words written, taken to cat prison, by the angel men in white,
I screamed loudly, wildly, but only in my head disturbed men need no more disturbing, at night
I see the man I used to be rhyming times delight remember how this nightmares rush started
a word found, sound round, ground, bound I wrote verse for the tired and broken hearted,
caught words, sought and bought, placed on a page in lines which danced out, only to play
word hunt, find the one that fits, perfectly aged form and sound meter, hound it on its way
to cracked mind worn, fingers bleeding lip pens paper clip, chip whip a weaver, tune
turned beast to beauty, sinned to sonnets son and this dad sad, sad dad into a perfect loon.
my writing and reading, now mired retired to retread these last words, meaning re-meant
by moving the commas, from poem to prose to tell what pressure, falls on shoulders bent.

Let your self be free among the bars. Otherwise there’s no beer. Sobriety masks reality

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
4 posted 1999-06-21 05:01 PM

Craig, I want to hear this one performed aloud...what a wonderful loony rant!!!

Gotta hear it, can hear it, need voice, sipping coffe, no words save gurgles, gargles, slowly drowning while speaking, giving voice to punctuate tion.

Alicat

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
5 posted 1999-06-21 05:15 PM

Let me see if I got this right.

He: A period?
She: Yes, a period.
And I'm Happy!
He: I'm sad.
She: Why?
He: BECAUSE!!!
She: But why? Why?
He: Oh, I'm so blue!
She: Well, I'm asterical. And I'm happy!
Happy! Happy! Happy!

Did I get it right?

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
6 posted 1999-06-22 01:41 AM

Well, I feel kinda silly.
Little did I realize when I posted this that the little emote thingy made little faces. This was inspired by Nan telling me and showing me some of the HORRID material she is going through. I was thinking of e.e. cummings a lot, as the majority had no punctuation at all...so I supplied it. :P

Alicat

p.s.: All interpretations are the sole responsiblity of the reader/interpreter. heheheh

------------------
Le Jongleur Aspirante

[This message has been edited by Alicat (edited 06-22-99).]

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
7 posted 1999-06-22 07:00 AM

I had an almost overwhelming urge to edit this, Ali...

And then I realized - everything is spelled correctly, all the punctuation is perfectly placed. And you certainly covered the topic more than adequately...

Ron

Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
8 posted 2000-03-05 11:25 AM

4ty3
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Suicide

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary