navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Oh How I Wish (A Tribute To You)
Open Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Oh How I Wish (A Tribute To You) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration

0 posted 1999-08-14 02:51 AM

I wish that I could write,
half as good as these,
with words that rhyme,
and lines that flow with ease.

Oh how I wish, wish I could,
write like "toe" or "deer."
Or maybe pen like Rainbow Girl,
so sweet yet so sincere.
And the poetry that surges
from the beautiful ms deVine,
is a talent that I hope,
perhaps someday will be mine.
Sexy poet femmeFatale,
oh I blush to think of her!
Just a single, simple phrase,
and my passions she can stir!
And to hoot_owl_rn,
please don't stray too far,
for with these and others,
you are a sparkling star.
Then there's redwriter1,
with weak faith that shows,
who doubts the value,
though those poems sure do glow.
And DreamEvil and Severn,
suthern and OneVoice,
with all of these to choose from,
how can I make a choice?
And I know there's many others,
that I have not listed here,
but with high esteem I hold you all,
of that, no need to fear!

Thank you everybody for providing a wonderful place for the imagination to run wild. This site has been a wonderful source of inspiration (don't worry, I DON'T plagiarize!) for me. And with all this amazing talent, I only wish that someday,
I could be half as good as all of you!

------------------
...the things I did not know at first, I learned by doing twice.
-Billy Joel

[This message has been edited by Christopher (edited 08-14-99).]

© Copyright 1999 C.G. Ward - All Rights Reserved
Terri
since 1999-08-08
Posts 82
Turtle Creek, PA
1 posted 1999-08-14 03:29 AM

I second that emotion! Such talented and generous people, all in one place. Very nicely done, Christopher!
RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
2 posted 1999-08-14 05:01 AM

Christopher...

I often wonder what people think about when they write...are they drinking wine, coffee or something else? Smiling or crying? With someone or alone?..and then I come in here and I see minds that are connected as words, thoughts and emotions reach out from my screen and touch me....

HUGS

------------------
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
3 posted 1999-08-14 05:21 AM

Thankyoumuch
Rainbow- I drink mtn. dew (a LOT)... mebbee 'ats why'n I's habin a hard tim slep'n!

------------------
...the things I did not know at first, I learned by doing twice.
-Billy Joel

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
4 posted 1999-08-14 11:48 AM

I think we all wish we could write as well as Toe or Deer do... especially with their seeming lack of effort! *G* But that sort of envy isn't bad... it simply inspires us to do our best.

Thank you for a lovely poem... and for including me in a cast I so greatly enjoy!

Lost Dreamer
Member Elite
since 1999-06-20
Posts 2464
Somewhere near the Rainbow
5 posted 1999-08-14 12:14 PM

Christopher, I think you do just fine writing your poetry. True there are others here who may have a stronger hand to some, but everyone here is talented including you yourself. Keep writing, posting, and reading, and the rest will come naturally.
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
6 posted 1999-08-14 01:48 PM

Believe me when I say, I never wrote as much or as well until I found Passions...there are so many wonderful people here - and the poets ain't so bad either! LOL...each day someone new posts here and though we all like to read poems by our favorite authors, it's only fitting that we welcome the 'newbies'. This has become a home. The evolution of this site has been swift...from one poet's dream, Ron Carnell, to over 3,000 posts and almost 900 registered poets. Amazing! And all in the space of a year! Can you believe it? Take a moment to go to the main site - the link is at the bottom of the page. There you will find THOUSANDS of poems...greeting cards, classic poetry and writing tips. The forums are the tip of the iceberg.

I went off on a tangent there..sorry. Christopher your poem was wonderful, thank you for including me. But unwritten there are the names of everyone who posts here.. WE are what makes Passions such a wonderful place. I thank you for sharing yourselves with us....

poetFemmeFatale
Member Elite
since 1999-07-25
Posts 2646
Arkansas
7 posted 1999-08-14 02:22 PM

****Blushing***** First of all let me say that I am just so floored that you included me in this, but I blush to think that my poetry stirs anything in anyone!! I had no idea you had read any of my naughty stuff.... I take it - you liked it? I am flattered that you enjoy my work so much, however, I disagree with your idea that you're not as good as others in here....I for one, have several of your pieces in my Favorites folder...and they all got rave reviews from the group....You're kidding yourself if you think you're less than anyone in here ! You just keep 'em coming...and in the meantime, I'll keep you guys happy with more of my "steamy" pieces.....(wink)
You have truly done me an honor here....~~blowing kisses!!
------------------
- poet FemmeFatale

"The strongest man in the world is he who stands most alone..." Henrik Ibsen (1826-1906) Norwegian dramatist lyric poet

[This message has been edited by poetFemmeFatale (edited 08-14-99).]

redwriter1
since 1999-07-22
Posts 480
Franklin, TN
8 posted 1999-08-14 02:29 PM

wow!.. You put me? in with all those people??.. I"m very flattered.. thank you..
(blush).. made my day..

aziza
Member Elite
since 2006-07-09
Posts 2995
Lumpy Oatmeal makes me Crazy!
9 posted 2007-06-10 07:08 PM

And I am so glad that many of these poets are still among us.  They are teaching me much ~ and this poem speaks of how I feel so many years later.

A

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
10 posted 2007-11-12 09:10 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Oh How I Wish (A Tribute To You)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary