navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Ron?
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic Ron? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA

0 posted 2008-05-20 03:23 PM

I understand that, to post on the poetry workshop forum, one has to be registered. I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind it, since it is not an adult or otherwise restrictive area, but I suspect it may be preventing others from posting.

Do we need that registration restriction?

© Copyright 2008 Michael Mack - All Rights Reserved
Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
1 posted 2008-05-20 03:47 PM

Would you really want the entire Justin clan in there, Balladeer?
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
2 posted 2008-05-20 04:29 PM

Uh, beats me?

The original intention, I believe, was essentially "classroom control." Perhaps "focus" would be a better word?

Do you want one teacher (or some other limited number) following a prescribed curriculum? Or do you want anyone to be able to start their own classes? I think we've already seen the latter happen, both as new threads and also within teacher initiated threads? Unlike other forums, the Poetry Workshop was conceived as less of a discussion forum and more of a classroom experience. Originally, I think it was decided that limiting access to the forum was the best way to limit the potential chaos.

I would suggest (since we're in the Suggestion Box) that you and Nan iron out what you want? Then I'll make it happen.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
3 posted 2008-05-20 07:17 PM

I see. Well, personally I think one teacher, or  director would be the best, otherwise it does have chaotic possibilities. Anyone can suggest areas that they would like exposure to, of course.

I would like for anyone to be able to post or initiate threads dealing with lessons or assignments, with the understanding that the right to post does not involve initiating new lessons or projects. I can handle that by simply posting that as a guideline and deleting any posts that do not adhere to it.

Get together with Nan? If I ever see her again, I'll be glad to

The lack of contributors is a little disheartening and I'm just trying to find ways to make it easier for poets to participate...

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
4 posted 2008-05-21 01:10 PM

So be it, then.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Ron?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary