navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Reply Button for Specific Posts
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic Reply Button for Specific Posts Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada

0 posted 2007-12-12 10:05 PM

I was wondering if it may do well to put a "reply" button on every post (like the profile button or the edit button) so that whoever wishes to reply to that specific post may click on it and then be taken to the normal page for composing a reply, but in which now the text of the post he is replying to shall show up as well?  That is, after clicking on that button, he will be taken to a page where he may both compose a reply and see the text of that specific post he is replying to on the same page?   Would people find this kind of feature helpful?

© Copyright 2007 Essorant - All Rights Reserved
Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
1 posted 2007-12-13 12:13 PM

I have another addition to this suggestion.

If you could check mark a post some how and then click "reply" and have the text of that checkmarked post show up on the same page in which you are making the reply so you can peruse it closely and conveniently while making the reply, that may be very helpful.  If any post could be checkmarked thus then you could have the text of two or three or four or more specific posts that you wish on the same page as you are making your reply.  Of course we may click on "Topic review" and scroll and flip flop between two pages while replying to something, but I think allowing specifically those that we wish to respond to and having them on the same page in which we compose the reply may be very helpful.

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
2 posted 2007-12-13 03:50 PM

Something I occasionaly do, Ess, is to copy the page into a word document and reply that way, then cull what I don't want to go into my reply and copy from the word document back into the reply box.
Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
3 posted 2007-12-14 12:12 PM

Christopher

That is true. You may do a similar thing clicking into the edit-screen of any post.  For example I can click on the "edit" of your post and look at the text of your post and type my reply below it.  But it still is a round about way of doing it and when we are done we need to copy and paste and then go back and reply to the thread instead of just clicking "reply".  Consider how a critique message shows up when we are giving a reply to someone's post, if the person has a critique message.  If when we clicked on a button or checkmarked a post if this feature could make the text of the post show up in a similar way as the critique message, that would be excellent.  

While I am at suggestions, I would also like suggest the textbox in which we type be able to be set to a larger size too.  If you click on "reply" or "New Topic" you will see that there is more room to the right where the textbox could be expanded quite a bit.  Would that be hard to do?

Of course none of these things are very major concerns.  Just suggestions to help improve convenience of doing these things in the forum.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2008-01-30 10:21 PM

Ess, m'friend, keeping in mind that all changes take time and some considerable expense overall, I know that Ron looks at all suggestions and puts all into that inimitable computer of the brain...and sometimes our requests are answered soon...and sometimes, later than soon. But, overall?

All ideas are benefits, and all benefits come in time.

Thank you!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Reply Button for Specific Posts

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary