navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Diversions
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic Diversions Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Grinch
Member Elite
since 2005-12-31
Posts 2929
Whoville

0 posted 2006-10-20 11:26 PM

Have you ever looked at a poem and thought "that would make a great sonnet" or "I'd have written that differently"? I know I have. For fun I sometimes (ok always) copy and paste a poem that someone else has written then re-write it in a different format or even edit it to fit my style or even, dare I say it, try to improve on the original. Sometimes I just use the idea; of course any poems created can't be claimed as your own, mine don't even get saved but that doesn't lessen the fun.

I know in CA the urge to re-write another poster's poem is sometimes overwhelming but it's generally avoided as much as possible but I still do it offline and sometimes, right before I delete something I've been playing with, I wonder whether my version would have been some use to the original writer.

So for the above reasons I'd like to suggest a Forum where people post a poem and other people can write or re-write their own version.

I think it should be called Diversions and be available no later than Sunday (only kidding Ron).

© Copyright 2006 Grinch - All Rights Reserved
hunnie_girl
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-06-18
Posts 2567
Canada
1 posted 2006-10-25 11:01 PM

that would be a cool concept, re- writeing people's poem but maybe a little to critical. it might make them feel i don't know bad about their poetry. that's just my thinking it is a good idea though if there was some way to avoid hurting peoples feeling.
hunnie

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Diversions

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary