navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Duke it Out
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic Duke it Out Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA

0 posted 2006-04-10 03:46 PM

I initially thought "The Alley" was a place for flamin' and complainin' and blowing off some steam, but it appears to me that it has become a debate forum...which makes those of us who would like to flame and complain without being slammed for it not want to participate.  

Maybe we should have a debate forum, maybe call it "Duke it Out," for those who enjoy a good argument?????

[This message has been edited by iliana (04-10-2006 08:00 PM).]

© Copyright 2006 J.A.A.Powell - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2006-04-10 08:53 PM

what a funny but great idea
The Dukes of Pips Forum

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
2 posted 2006-04-10 09:00 PM

Actually, Iliana, before your time there was another description of the Alley. I can't remember what it was but it was something like Got a Beef? or Wanna duke it Out? Take it to the Alley!

The Alley has always been for debates. Anywhere you have topics that are controversial, there is going to be controversy....and we have had those in spades...from two elections, hanging chads, Clinton cut-ups, Iraq, civil liberty degradation....man, we are in one of the most controversial times of history! Now, with the deep rift between Left and Right, and another election on the not-too-distant horizon it's not going to get any lighter, believe me.

It sounds like what you want is a head-banging forum, where one can rant and rave and just get things out of their system. Wouldn't it be better just to do that at home? Kick the cat or chop down a tree or something? That would serve better than typing it on a screen for strangers to sympathize with, I would think?

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2006-04-13 06:04 PM

We don't allow kitty-kicking here... Ask LngJn Ag...
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
4 posted 2006-04-13 06:10 PM

There's also the caveat of not getting bent if others disagree.  Lord knows I've had many disagreeing with my rants, speils, and sundry Views.  Yes, they do deserve the capital V.

And that's OK.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Duke it Out

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary