navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Resetting Edittime and Authority
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic Resetting Edittime and Authority Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada

0 posted 2005-02-10 03:03 PM

Is there a way a poet may be given a resetted edittime and authority to edit his own artwork again after first edittime is expired?

It would be helpful to be able work at our poems again in the edit box just as we may during the first edittime.  

Just wondering if that is worth consideration.    

© Copyright 2005 Essorant - All Rights Reserved
Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium
1 posted 2005-02-10 05:58 PM

I am thinking about a situation when a few respond on the 'original' work and then the author changes his/her work making the reponder and his/her/their thoughts look rather incorrect or foolish or at least confusing for the next set of readers

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
2 posted 2005-02-10 08:55 PM

which is exactly what has happened in tthe past, Sudhir, and the precipitator for the current time allotted to edit.

egowhores.com - really love yourself.

Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
3 posted 2005-02-11 12:40 PM

Could the folder change colour to let people know editing/revision was done on that work?

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
4 posted 2005-02-11 09:03 AM

If some time has passed since the original piece was posted, and you've made some major edits to that piece locally, you do have several options.

Critical Analysis, Poetry Workshop, or repost as an edited version.  The inclusion of the original's url in the body of the revision would help those see the differences, while keeping responses to the original post intact.  Alternately, you could feasibly post the revision in the same thread as the original, as a response.  In that instance, the folder icon would be grey, meaning the author had replied to his/her own work.

Just some thoughts.

Alicat

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
5 posted 2005-02-11 09:07 AM

Before you post, it's called editing. After you post, it's called rewriting.

A rewrite demands a repost.

(Which is all just a semantic way of saying words have permanence. Once you share them, you don't get to take them back.)

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

6 posted 2005-02-11 03:21 PM

"Before you post, it's called editing. After you post, it's called rewriting."

OH.

Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
7 posted 2005-02-11 07:06 PM

But what if one doesn't want old copies of his work to be on the website anymore?  
Especially if he makes ongoing "edits" that may require ongoing reposts?  
I don't think this shall ever happen often.  Perhaps it never even happened before at Passions.  Just wondering why it would hurt to "reset" that temporary and brief edit time so he can edit on his own, within that period again, what ever he wishes.   I don't think it would ever become so casual that poems now in ever next post shall have such edits.  I just think the poet should have that authority at his disposal.  
It's not that big a deal to me though.  Just thought to bring it up for discussion.      

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Resetting Edittime and Authority

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary