navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » One More Idea
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic One More Idea Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada

0 posted 2004-07-25 12:20 PM

One more idea for a new forum!

Perhaps a place for paintings, and drawings and photography.  
Pictures may be very poetic and inspirational!
And I know of some very good picture-wrights here at Passions that shall love to share their work and thoughts about their craft; and aid the craft of poetry very much.
Is this something that may work at Passions?

"But all subsists by elemental strife;
And passions are the elements of life."

Pope

© Copyright 2004 Essorant - All Rights Reserved
Jessie Carstein
since 2004-01-08
Posts 41

1 posted 2004-07-28 07:02 PM

Main problem I can see with this is spam, people posting links to pictures that don't mean anything and then a 30 post flame war about how the lighting or random tree branches and so on are poetic.

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
2 posted 2004-07-28 11:12 PM

Nothing stopping either of those things from occuring now Jessie, that's where the moderator's come in. I like the idea Essorant. If it's for member artwork only. If it's for review you get into some copyright entanglements and also, if you mean to inspire poetry there's nothing stopping you from posting a pic/challenge in the poetry challenge! section.
Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada
3 posted 2004-08-02 03:19 PM

Members works only would be the best.
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2004-08-02 03:45 PM

"Member works only" would be absolute criteria, following the same guidelines as we now have in place for poetry.  

Actually, Ess, a number of our poets already incorporate their photographic and graphic efforts with their poetry now.  I don't know what another forum would accomplish, other than taking up more space than we already do.

Of course it's Ron's home to do with what he will, but these are just my thoughts after reading this thread.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » One More Idea

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary