navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Box or space for description, meaning, inspiration of our poems posted?
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic Box or space for description, meaning, inspiration of our poems posted? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart

0 posted 2004-01-17 09:20 PM

I was just curious about having a small box when we post our poems to fill in explaining why we had written the poem and from what inspiration and maybe what the poem means from the poets point of view.

I know when I had posted (Published) the ones for the main netpoets page I was asked to give a brief description about the poem etc.

So many times the poets have written poems NOT from their own experiance but seeing pain, love, etc. through anothers eyes or feeling it through anothers heart. When posted, alot of poets (readers) automatically assume that this is from a personal standpoint. The brief description box would help clear this up, thus giving more insight to the poets mind and heart.

Most of all it can be optional, meaning you could fill in the description if you feel like it or not.
I know some like to be mysterious and allow the reader to decipher or translate the poem themselves. On the otherhand I would find it rather helpful in more ways than one.

Forgive me if this suggestion has been questioned before....

© Copyright 2004 Millette A. (Lester) Addison - All Rights Reserved
Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
1 posted 2004-01-17 11:31 PM

ARH- this is an interesting suggetion, however, I would have to- should it happen- agree that it must be very optional. Although I don't reply nearly as often as I should, I do read much of what is on these pages, and most of my enjoyment comes from reading how someone puts their words together, and deciphering for myself what it is they meant.
Yes, most people do presume that a particular write is 1st person, and it may not be... however that is for everyone to decide for themselves if it is, or isn't.
If I scribble something, and decide that it is omportant for the reader to know it isn't personal, then I just drop a note at the end.
Just my thoughts, though.

Cause in my dreams it's always there
The evil face that twists my mind
And brings me to despair.

*Alli4000*
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2004-03-21
Posts 3188
The World of Poetry
2 posted 2004-04-11 07:23 PM

I think that it's a great idea

~Alli~

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2004-04-11 08:40 PM

I think that's a good plan - I'd venture to guess that Ron might as well...
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Box or space for description, meaning, inspiration of our poems posted?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary