navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Smilies thing.
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic Smilies thing. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Connel
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2002-11-04
Posts 736
Florida, USA

0 posted 2003-03-08 01:30 PM

Well, I think if you put a box, with all your animated smilies to the left of the Message box, when all you have to do if click on the face, and it would put it in the message box for ya. I think that would be cool, and much easier, and could use more smilies..

Anyone can write, But only poets can capture the heart.

© Copyright 2003 Chris DeVore - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2003-03-08 10:50 PM

Take a look at this page, Connel:

http://kit.netpoets.net/

Did you notice how long it took to load? Now … do you really want the smilies coming up with every post you make?

The new software, when it's ready, will make smilies (and all other images) easier because they'll be simple point-and-click, rather than having to type in the codes. But you'll still have to call them up in a separate popup window, then wade through seven pages of choices (182 smilies at last count). That's just the price we pay for having a prolific genius like Kit fielding requests from about a thousand Members with great ideas.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2003-03-09 09:28 PM

Connel...I took time to copy Kit's smilies onto a Word document so that they would show like this < img src="http://kit.netpoets.net/sunshine.gif"> only I delete the space between the < and the img so I get this and that's MY shortcut, for now...

poetSeaMaiden
since 2003-04-25
Posts 107

3 posted 2003-04-30 03:20 PM

Hmmm... pardon me but I want to try something.

Did it work?

[This message has been edited by poetSeaMaiden (04-30-2003 04:44 PM).]

poetSeaMaiden
since 2003-04-25
Posts 107

4 posted 2003-04-30 03:21 PM

*sigh* Oh sunshine, you're such a brain. Mine didn't work.   I guess I'm left with these little black and white generic stick faces! LOL!
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2003-04-30 03:25 PM

PSM, look in the "edit" section of my post.  You will see that the < through > all have to be together - no empty spaces.

That will make all the difference in the world!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Smilies thing.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary