navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » poems
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic poems Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Krissy
since 2002-02-22
Posts 556
kent England

0 posted 2002-11-17 03:02 PM

Ron could you tell me why my mums poem does not rise to the top if I reply to it.  It just stays where it is so can you explain it to me please.

love and warm stuff
as always
Krissy

And while thy willing soul transpiers
at every pore with instant fires
Andrew Marvell 1621-1678

© Copyright 2002 Krissy P J Searle - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2002-11-17 03:24 PM

Possibly because you are using your Mum's computer, Krissy.  Also, if you do not go in to the Member's area to change your password, but simply change it from the post, that, too, could be part of the problem - it thinks your Mum is using another name, and as you know, we discourage bumping our own posts under psuedonyms.

Possibly.  Ron could have another explanation altogether!  

Krissy
since 2002-02-22
Posts 556
kent England
2 posted 2002-11-17 03:42 PM

Sunshine I am using my own computer now not mums.

love and warm stuff
as always
Krissy

Andrew Marvell 1621-1678

Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
3 posted 2002-11-17 04:43 PM

Kari darling heart, now that would make sense, except I can bump her poems and the software knows she is using a different computer from mine. I sent a trouble ticket about it a couple of days ago, but I know it’s not frightfully important so I don’t expect a rush reply. Krissy is just a little curious as to why she can’t bump my poem and I can bump hers. (I must admit I’m a little curious myself)

Krissy beloved daughter don’t fret over it, I’ll forgive you especially since its not your fault. ‘Tis just as well as I wub you wots and wots……. Otherwise……….

Love and warm stuff
As always
Mushy

Breathe through the heat of our desire
Thy coolness and they balm
Let sense be dumb let flesh retire
Speak through the earthquake wind and fire

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2002-11-17 05:00 PM

Ah now see...then Ron will be the one to say "ok then, here's the problem!"  Krissy, it might be well to send a trouble ticket from your computer like your Mum did...

and hugs to both of you!

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
5 posted 2002-11-17 05:35 PM

To even make a guess, I need an example. Give me a link to a post where you replied and it was not bumped, please.
Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
6 posted 2002-11-17 10:24 PM

/pip/Forum74/HTML/001916.html#8

Ron to save her the trouble of finding it and linking I've done it. Krissy's grasp of anything other than basic modes is sketchy to say the least.

Krissy beloved daughter, you know you'd ask me how to link it so voila mon enfant

Just in case anyone asks yes i'm doing this from my computer which is definitely different from Krissy's computer.

Love and warm stuff
as always
Mum

[This message has been edited by Marsha (11-17-2002 10:25 PM).]

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
7 posted 2002-11-17 11:50 PM

Marsha, all three of the bumps in that specific thread came from the same exact IP address as the one you used when you posted the poem. While it's not a perfect system, the software considers the post and the replies as originating from the same location. Ergo, no bump.

You can find more information about IP addresses at /pip/Forum17/HTML/000131.html#16

[This message has been edited by Ron (11-17-2002 11:58 PM).]

Krissy
since 2002-02-22
Posts 556
kent England
8 posted 2002-11-18 06:34 PM

How can i change my ip address because i am using my own computer not mums

krissy

Andrew Marvell 1621-1678

Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
9 posted 2002-11-18 06:43 PM

Ron, Krissy has a different location and a different computer, I've just walked her through checking her IP addy and it does come up as the same, which I can't understand. I have on the odd occassion used her computer when I've been at her house, maybe that is the problem. Anyway if you could let me know how to make adjustments to the IP I'd be grateful. We both use AOL and as you know she did used to use my computer so maybe that is the problem. As I said it's not a problem to me but was a matter of curiosity to us both. Thanks for the time you took to look into it.

As always
Marsha

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » poems

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary