navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » A Dark Chat?
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Dark Chat? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...

0 posted 2002-02-25 05:20 PM

'ello!

While I, Titus at large, am a forum hopper, delving into dark, teen, open, and all else that entails from pip, I know some aren't. Those who post in Dark may not feel like chatting in the teen forum. My thought is, maybe, perhaps they are looking for a forum where they can discuss things with other poets of the same 'dark' sort. Just an idea. Maybe it would work, maybe it wouldn't. It just came to me, so I thought I'd offer it. Thanks for listening.

Sincerely,
Titus

The One, The Only... The Titus.

© Copyright 2002 Daniel Redding - All Rights Reserved
RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
1 posted 2002-02-25 05:56 PM

I wouldnt mind, I get in dark moods once in a while
PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
2 posted 2002-02-25 06:07 PM

Hi Rose

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
3 posted 2002-02-25 06:32 PM

Titus, you forum hopper you

(<>..<>)

You've been seen (that's Fred my pet alien)

PoetryIsLife
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
4 posted 2002-02-25 06:39 PM

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
5 posted 2002-02-26 08:04 AM

Where will we find the qualified psychiatrist to moderate it??...YIKES...
PoetryIsLife
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
6 posted 2002-02-26 04:47 PM

LoL, that's kinda harsh.

The Titus

PoetryIsLife
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
7 posted 2002-02-28 04:38 PM

*ahem*

So, what are the chances? Is it even a possibility?

~ Titus

PoetryIsLife
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
8 posted 2002-03-01 06:54 PM

*silience*

Anyone have a comment?

~ Titus

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
9 posted 2002-03-01 07:06 PM

I can't speak for Ron (who is busy moving the main site from one server to another)...but, I don't think this would work.
PoetryIsLife
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
10 posted 2002-03-01 07:21 PM

Thank you for the opinion. I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

I just wonder why? We leave the teens, to their most part, alone, with some unseen guidance along the way. There are mishaps, and crashes along the journey, but nothing we can't recover from. It would seem those poets who delve into the dark, they would desire a place to be with others similar to them, others not so perky, perhaps? Or most... serious like them. Eh, maybe I'm wrong, but it would seem like something worth being considered, out of respect the the Darm Forum and it's members.

~ Titus

PoetryIsLife
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
11 posted 2002-03-05 02:07 PM

*bump*

Let the music set you free.

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
12 posted 2002-03-06 09:43 AM

Well, Titus, how about this: Teen Chat evolved from the Teen Explorer forum, a place for teens to learn grammar, sentence structure, poetic formats, and to interact. Sadly, it all became about interaction than knowledge. And I have a feeling the Dark Chat notion would run the same way, only with not so many 'happy' or trivial topics. And though it might start as a discussion place for gothic poetry, in time (and a relative short time in my guess) it would devolve into a psuedo-psychiatric ward, with threads about personal depression (Feelings Forums), angst (Alley), life questions (Philosophy 101, Feelings, Q/A), psychological discourse (Philosophy 101), poetic challenges (Poetry Challenge!) with a smattering of social threads (Lounge, Family Dialogue). Basically, Dark Chat is already out there, scattered across the board. Since you are a forum hopper, you know this.

As for the why of Teen Chat...well, it's my opinion that the majority of teens are very egocentrical, spinning like so many tops to be seen by other tops. A majority of them (as well as some members in other forums) will bookmark a forum, and live in that little world, and that is OK. These are the ones who holler about posting priviledges being suspended when in truth, the forum they bookmarked has been archived.

Alicat

“It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most
intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.”  Charles Darwin

rosepetals25
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-05-31
Posts 3076
PA
13 posted 2002-03-06 11:25 AM

Maybe you can find a chat place that everyone knows... and meet there on certain nights.  I know this has been tried before, and it is difficult to do, but maybe if other people feel the same way you do, everyone from dark, or whoever would be interested, could figure something out.  Yahoo, or MSN.  Just a suggestion since it isn't looking likely for a forum here I don't post to often in dark, but I do read (I know I should reply more.)  I would gladly help you get set up somewhere.. if you'd like I'm all for people socializing, especially if they can help each other though a dark period.

Tara

"My heart is like an open book, for the whole world to read"
     - Motley Crue, Home Sweet Home

PoetryIsLife
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
14 posted 2002-03-06 03:23 PM

Well said Alicat. I can see now that while a place for Dark Poets to go, with others like them, it would likely be a dificult and enormous task, plus rather dangerous! LoL.   While I feel that they should habe the choice of being a forum hopper or staring in their own forum, I can see that in the end, it might do more harm them good.

Tara, your idea about a Dark Chat on MSN, or whatnot, was a good one. I don't know if I have the time, but one day soon, I'll look into it. Thanks for the input.

~ Titus

Let the music set you free.

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
15 posted 2002-03-06 06:28 PM

I'm a Dark poet as well, Titus...though you might find me better in the archived Darks. Come to think of it, I'm also a Spiritual, Open, Pub, Adult, and Haven poet. P'raps that's why I'm so confuddled.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » A Dark Chat?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary