navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » question and suggestion for current book and next one.
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic question and suggestion for current book and next one. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Parker
Member Elite
since 2000-01-06
Posts 3129
ON

0 posted 2001-11-07 11:39 AM

Ron, I recieved my two books but they forced me to pay duty on them at the post office. Which increased the price by 10 dollars. Should they be charging me that?

This brings the value of the books to more then $38 Canadian and not feasable to sell in Canada unless you want to give them away. Even if they were hard cover its unlikely they'll sell at that price.

I know the the Canadian Dollar is very in expensive to the American dollar about 62 cents for one Canadian dollar. Have you looked into getting them printed in Canada for the next book you might save alot on the cost and make them more reasonable to sell in the States and in Canada. But this is only speculation on my part, for all I know printers in Canada want a very pretty penny to print on of them.

Now on to my suggestion.

I think you should reserve one page in the back to point to a Web Page on your server Where Bio's and info about the poets can be got and possible links to other of their poetry. Maybe even with space for them to put say 5 of their personal favorite poems so a visitor to the bio page can read a few other's of theirs or the other poets in the new book. Even the current book it would be a good feature.

Well thats it.

Great work Ron Keep it up.

Parker

© Copyright 2001 James Haley - All Rights Reserved
Marina
Member Elite
since 2000-02-10
Posts 2245
Pickering, Ontario
1 posted 2001-11-08 10:21 PM

I like that idea.  I also would like to know when are we going to start ( voting???) for the new book.  I understand that this will be running only for those on the Resident poet site.  I have had a poem pending in there for over a year now ( I think) and I realize that processing all those poems takes time but I didn't think it would take this long???  So can you tell us the next time you are planning to process more from there?

Thanks,
Marina

It is a blessing to have wings for words and passion in pen.

Marina Crossley

[This message has been edited by Marina (edited 11-08-2001).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » question and suggestion for current book and next one.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary