navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » new icons...
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic new icons... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg

0 posted 2001-08-23 02:07 AM

Maybe next time PIP gets a truckload of new smilies, we should consider adding a few new icons as well.  It would be nice to have a more diverse selection.  
© Copyright 2001 Brian James Lee - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2001-08-23 08:27 AM

...SOON...

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2001-08-23 10:31 AM

What kind would you like?
Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
3 posted 2001-08-23 03:20 PM

well I have noticed most of the icons are very cartoonish, so it's difficult to select an icon for a serious type of person.  Perhaps we should look at the most popular icons, and try to expand a bit on those themes?  For example I know a LOT of people use this one because they want to come off as a dark poet, but that icon still looks very cartoonish and halloween-decorationish...
I mean, we have a great selection of icons, sure... but it could be so much better.  Let's be honest, there are a lot of icons that nobody uses simply because they are unappealing, too cartoonish or whatever.  Then there are so many that would be leapt upon... icons are an important part of PIP, they're how you remember a poet (I'm so glad nobody uses mine  ).  As PIP grows, and it has been doing this, so too should our bay of icons...

You eat the brains of an old, wise man.

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
4 posted 2001-09-13 10:28 AM

I agree w/allan on  that one  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » new icons...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary