navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » poem sort order..... or bump by choice.
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic poem sort order..... or bump by choice. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Parker
Member Elite
since 2000-01-06
Posts 3129
ON

0 posted 2001-02-10 02:30 PM

Ron, in thinking on this bump or un-bump issue I was not looking at a technical solution…

Currently you have two display and sorting options for the forums…
Number of days and number of poems per page…

If you implement a third option for sort order (i.e.. last replied or bump as its being called) then each member can set it in their profile and when it is dynamically built for that member on their computer display they will see the poems in that order… poems with last replys first as opposed to ignoring last reply… this might be the only fair solution.
Also maybe have a little box at the top of the forums that you can click so members can easily change it, if they want to go back and forth (turn it on or off). This solution may be more possible then having an option on each poem that the author selects, not That you were even considering that…  

Parker    

[This message has been edited by Haleyja (edited 02-10-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 James Haley - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2001-02-10 03:49 PM

Somehow...Passions certainly pulls in highly intelligent people...

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
2 posted 2001-02-10 05:11 PM

hmmmmmm......nice ideas

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song
3 posted 2001-02-11 05:37 PM

Now this is an idea that I like and Parker is right in the fact that it would as I see it eliminate the controversey.  I like this idea and it is one that I could easily live with but I am with Parker in that I don't know if it would present ANOTHER major headache for you in getting it set up.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » poem sort order..... or bump by choice.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary