navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » moved and locked poems
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic moved and locked poems Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Parker
Member Elite
since 2000-01-06
Posts 3129
ON

0 posted 2001-02-09 01:07 PM

I was scanning old open pages and notices a few locked and moved poem...

I was thinking that it would be a good idea for the moderators to put a link in the deleted poems topic area  to jump to the new location.... just as a curtesay.

Parker

© Copyright 2001 James Haley - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2001-02-09 01:46 PM

Our new software included a few features designed to make a life a little easier on our Moderator team, too, since we all know how hard they often work. Unfortunately, that wasn't one of them, nor is it likely to be any time soon.

When they are forced to move a thread, Parker, they have absolutely no idea what the new URL is going to be. Athena doesn't even know until she gets a file lock, by which time the Moderator is already being forwarded to their next assignment. They would have to go to the destination forum, open the thread, copy the new URL, return to the source forum, unlock the thread, add or edit the link, and finally relock the thread. Nope, ain't gonna happen too soon.

Parker
Member Elite
since 2000-01-06
Posts 3129
ON
2 posted 2001-02-09 02:49 PM

Well, not that I really care too much about this... some may.

When they put in their little comment to the author, they could put a general link to
the section and not the post itself.

If it add's too much work, forget it. I know they are very busy keeping track of all the posts and such.

how about a links drop down for any poet to use when they want to put links in other area's from their post...that might be a nice convience.

Parker

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2001-02-10 08:58 AM

There USED to be enough time to do that... Now, I can hardly get through the administrative stuff that needs to be done so that I can sit back and read & comment... By the time I get through it all, something new has come up back at my starting point... Am I going in circles here??..
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » moved and locked poems

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary