navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » chatroom
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic chatroom Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone

0 posted 2001-01-31 10:41 AM

May I suggest a chatroom Ron?  Based on all the praises about you that others have told me, I know you can do it    I just think that all members in passions can stay in touch with each other easier with a chatroom.  Not to mention the moderators too.  Well, just a suggestion.  You probably have been bugged about this before already

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

© Copyright 2001 acire - All Rights Reserved
Nicole
since 1999-06-23
Posts 1835
Florida
1 posted 2001-01-31 06:15 PM

Hello acire  

As you've guessed, the idea of a chatroom has definitely been discussed before.  I went through the old threads and found Ron's most recent statement on the subject:

"Virtually all of the chat software needs to be run on both our server and on your local machine. When we tried, we discovered that some people could chat using one software package but not another, while others could only use a different package. It is that incompatibility that caused us to abandon the search. That's not to suggest we're not interested, but I'll admit I was discouraged from our previous attempts"

With all the changes that are being made in the forums though, maybe the idea of a chat room won't be so far-fetched in the future.  Ron's a pretty fantastic guy, I wouldn't be surprised if he could make it work somehow (or pull a white rabbit from my purse, for that matter).  

-Nicole

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
2 posted 2001-02-01 01:31 PM

maybe in the future  

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

DragonFang
since 2000-03-09
Posts 522
Missouri, USA
3 posted 2001-02-01 03:47 PM

One could set up a chat room in an IRC server.

"Sa souvraya niende missian ye." \
I am lost in my own mind.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2001-02-01 04:14 PM

Regardless of the work involved to do one......it can be done. But I do understand that it's a longshot......like acire said.......maybe in the future.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
5 posted 2001-02-01 08:05 PM

Well, it isn't like clicking a link here and being able to chat on the Passions boards, but a certain Alicat has created a sort of an outside haven for us on Yahoo.com

Its the Passions In Poetry Yahoo Club, and there is a place to chat on there. Pass this link I'm giving you on to whomever you can. After all, since we can see who is one (some of them) by the logon feature, it might be easier to get a group together to chat.
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/passionsinpoetry

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
6 posted 2001-02-01 08:30 PM

what a great idea...can we add that link to like where everyone can see it...please Ron

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
7 posted 2001-02-05 03:36 PM

Oh man...that brought back memories all right. Yawp, I'm guilty of creating that place, then getting wrapped up with moving all around the country and plain forgot about it. So....um...it's still there? Now I've gotta go and take a look-see and see what has transpired.

Alicat

PS: Ok, went back to site and made some changes to reflect the changes with PiP, as well as some site specific alterations. Hope you like.

[This message has been edited by Alicat (edited 02-05-2001).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » chatroom

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary