navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » destroy my love
Open Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic destroy my love Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
amber
since 1999-06-15
Posts 240
los banos, ca,

0 posted 1999-09-14 01:55 AM

i would love to stare forever,
into the beauty of your eyes,
but then i might begin to see,
that everyone is right.

that shes the one you love so much,
when i spend my nights alone,
shes the one you run to,
when you should be coming home.

that im the one whos hurting,
and crying all the time,
your to busy tending to her heart,
to realize your breaking mine.

that im the one who will miss you,
after i force myself to let go,
my soul will still be with you,
even though i doubt you know.

that your the one whos killing,
all the dreams weve built together,
tell me does it feel good,
to tear apart my forever?

does she make you happy,
more than everything i do?
afer all your useless im sorrys,
will she be the one that still loves you?

can you explain to me the reason,
you had to take my life to her,
you could have left, if thats what you wanted,
instead of forcing me to suffer.

but i guess that comprimise,
wasnt good enough,
you had to take away my world,
not just destroy my love.

© Copyright 1999 amber jean white - All Rights Reserved
PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon
1 posted 1999-09-14 02:48 AM

Amber, How incredibly sad! I hope that you are coping okay with this if this is happening in your life. I know that you are with child and things like this don't make it any easier. Excellently written but so sad.

------------------
Words lay dormant in the recesses of the mind til called forth to a labor of love. By WildChild

amber
since 1999-06-15
Posts 240
los banos, ca,
2 posted 1999-09-14 02:40 PM

thank you so much for your reply and your concerns, yes im doing fine. a part of me is still trying to make things okay with this relationship becuase i remember how much i wondered why my biological father wasnt there. even though my life might have bben even harder if he had been. i just dont want my baby to have to wonder or have the feelings i did. Is that stupid?
DBeth
since 1999-09-09
Posts 110
providence,ky.42450
3 posted 1999-09-14 02:53 PM

Amber, Excellent poem!But truly sad.The answer to your question is NO.Every mother wants the father of their child to be there.It just doesn't work out that way sometimes.If you and him can work it out, that would be great! If not there are alot of single women that raise their children on their own,that do just fine.If he is that insensitive towards you,then you will be better off without him,and so would your child.You will make it reguardless.Take care of yourself and the baby.HUGS sent to ya!!

DBeth

------------------

amber
since 1999-06-15
Posts 240
los banos, ca,
4 posted 1999-09-14 04:36 PM

thank you for your words, and encouragement. i know that no matter what, i can make my child happy, even if i am the only one there. its just alot ot eh stress on this relationship right now is that everyone thinks that they know whats going one.(like my family) but i know in my heart that we can work this out. i have suffered alot for this man, but he intends to make things better, and i pray that he can. i cant hold on to the past because so much lies in the future. thank you agian.
MiLady
since 1999-09-14
Posts 14
Endicott, NY,USA
5 posted 1999-09-14 04:42 PM

So sad and so heartfelt. It is a shame that sometimes our true sorrows make some of the best poetry to read to others. Thank you for sharing your sorrow in such a beautiful way.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » destroy my love

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary