navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » Letter From Bogey (repost at Tara's request)
Open Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Letter From Bogey (repost at Tara's request) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

0 posted 1999-09-26 03:57 PM

Remember me? The bogeyman from your darkest childhood dreams. Sorry I've been gone so long, but life is never what it seems. I'm writing to remind you of a meeting that's long overdue. Though now you're all grown up and have no time for me, you have children of your own I see.

You know all the games we used to play? Well now I'm back and here to stay. I know you think me ill-intentioned, but wait, I forgot to mention, that meeting isn't between me and you. It's your time to meet my cousin, the Grim Reaper, sad but true.

I know you want to stomp and rail against your fate, but pomp aside, it really is far, far too late. Worried about your wife, I see. You shouldn't you know, Grief will keep her company. As for the children you ignore out of spite, well I will just adore them, it's only right.

The monster under their bed, might just get green with jealousy. He's not really mean, just seriously underfed you see. But here I ramble on as your shadow grows on and on, I see I've written too much. Try this instead, by the time you finish, you'll already be dead.
Cordially yours,
Bogey

©1999 DreamEvil

------------------
Now and forever my heart hears ~one voice~.
DreamEvil©

© Copyright 1999 DreamEvil - All Rights Reserved
Tara Simms
since 1999-08-12
Posts 1244
Honea Path, SC USA
1 posted 1999-09-26 04:04 PM

Geez, dream, you sure know how to give a girl the willies!

------------------
It matters not how strait the gate;
How charged with punishments the scroll;
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
--W.E. Henley
Visit my poetry website: www.geocities.com/Paris/Musee/9954/

ONE FLEW OVER
since 1999-09-18
Posts 55
Cuckoos Nest
2 posted 1999-09-26 04:19 PM

I thought he was under my bed all this time! When did you steal him? Give him back!, We played Scrabble together on those lonely nights. Are you at the stute with them?
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
3 posted 1999-09-26 04:24 PM

Good one Dream...
But is it a real spectre, or just inside our heads...(eerie organ music playing in the background)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » Letter From Bogey (repost at Tara's request)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary