navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » Come In From the Field
Open Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Come In From the Field Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Beki
since 1999-09-15
Posts 1569
Newport Beach, CA, USA

0 posted 1999-09-24 12:12 PM

Come In From The Field

smoke signals curl up
lacing the mid-morning sky -
come in from the field.

closer than your skin
deep into this hour's longing -
be sated with me.

silent in your arms
I can feel you breathe me in -
morning won't miss us.

closer than my skin
deeper then all my longing -
your spirit in me.

sanctity of Spring;
as birds languish through winter
your love feeds my soul.

------------------
"We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion.....the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?"
--John Keating, Dead Poets Society

© Copyright 1999 Rebecca Reese - All Rights Reserved
hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
1 posted 1999-09-24 09:48 AM

Beki...very nice imagery in this piece. I like the way you did it, innovative approach.

------------------
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints in our heart and we are never ever the same.

Thank you all for leaving footprints!!

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
2 posted 1999-09-24 10:27 AM

Beki,
Enjoyed the read.

Paul Allen Lupien
since 1999-09-09
Posts 114
Ferndale,Mi.USA
3 posted 1999-09-24 11:48 AM

Hi Beki
Sorry I havn't responded earlier,but with the vast number of different poets around here,I sometimes spread around my attention to other writers which I haven't yet experienced.
With regard to your poem:
Let me first say that due to the the overall quality of everything you write,I review your work on what I'll refer to as the "Beki-Scale",which is a higher bar than average.Keeping that in mind,this work did provide a landscape of both visual and emotional clarity,yet for some unexplainable,personal, reason,did not affect me as dramatically as some of your others.So then,consider this ,not so much as a critique,but only as my individual reaction.That's not to say I didn't like it.I did,especially the empathic,nurturing nature of the love expressed...

Your fan,

Paul

------------------

JennyLee
since 1999-09-01
Posts 1461
Northwestern, NJ.
4 posted 1999-09-24 12:44 PM

I loved this Beki!!
It made me feel HAPPY !!
I really enjoy reading your work!!

Jenny Lee

Beki
since 1999-09-15
Posts 1569
Newport Beach, CA, USA
5 posted 1999-09-24 03:34 PM

Thanks for all the Positive comments everyone. This was one of my earlier experiments in haiku sequences which is what I have been exploring the last 6 months. I find I quite like them. :-)

Paul...my goodness...a "Beki-scale"? That is the problem with showing off your best work...everyone expects it all to be that good! LOL Seriously, I understand entirely. I have a friend who loves everything I write but every once in awhile there will be one which just doesn't move him the same as the rest...pretty natural I would say. Actually I guess I am flattered you hold my work to a little bit higher standard....means you really do find it to be of high quality..I appreciate that more than I can say. As for reading other's work , of course...read and respond as you can. I always feed on your positive comments but I can share...learned that in kindergarten! HUGS for you my friend! :-)

Beki
since 1999-09-15
Posts 1569
Newport Beach, CA, USA
6 posted 1999-09-27 09:43 PM

pushing up for a few more comments :-)
Mark4Him@juno.com
since 1999-09-26
Posts 36
Whitesboro,NY,USA
7 posted 1999-09-27 09:49 PM

well,then,here you go-
I really liked this one-it was very clear and colorful and I could sense the love within it.

Beki
since 1999-09-15
Posts 1569
Newport Beach, CA, USA
8 posted 1999-09-27 10:22 PM

Thanks Mark. Would like to invite you to visit my website http://www.room1401.com/beki
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » Come In From the Field

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary