navwin » Discussion » Bug Swatter » A Question
Bug Swatter
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Question Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
warmhrt
since 1999-12-18
Posts 1563

0 posted 2006-10-11 07:18 PM

Ron,
Ever since the debates on CA began, my replies are being ignored as if I did not exist. What the hell is going on??????????? Does this have something to do with your crack about "people and perceptions", and "stay tuned"?

BTW, I'm glad the move was made.

Kris

"It is wisdom to know others;
It is enlightenment to know one's self" - Lao Tzu

[This message has been edited by warmhrt (10-11-2006 08:49 PM).]

© Copyright 2006 warmhrt - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2006-10-11 10:26 PM

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, Kris. What replies have been ignored and by whom?
warmhrt
since 1999-12-18
Posts 1563

2 posted 2006-10-11 11:59 PM

Ron,
Only you have the power to do this, unless it is a mistake. Why? I couldn't answer that question.
I checked on the profile page, and it says I posted no comments today. I posted three. It's past midnight now, but this is another one, and my originating post. What's your point, Ron?
I suppose I am not welcome here any longer.

Kris

"It is wisdom to know others;
It is enlightenment to know one's self" - Lao Tzu

[This message has been edited by warmhrt (10-12-2006 12:50 AM).]

moonbeam
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2005-12-24
Posts 2356

3 posted 2006-10-12 03:56 AM

Kris

It's none of my business I know, but for what it's worth I'm 100%sure that there's some mistake or misunderstanding here.  If Ron was going to make anyone feel unwelcome in CA it wouldn't be via nefarious means, he'd just "tell'em and ban'em".

And in any case your contribution to the recent debate was greatly value by everyone, including Ron.  

This'll just be some software silliness I expect.

M

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
4 posted 2006-10-12 08:37 AM

Ahh. I see.

If we checked a little more closely, Kris, I suspect we'd discover that what you just described is happening to everyone in Critical Analysis, not just you. The software that tabulates daily poems and replies only applies to the Poetry forums, not the Discussion forums for what should be obvious reasons -- and apparently not the Workshop forums, either. When CA was moved this unexpected idiosyncrasy arose, not greatly unlike the disappearance of the Critique Message that Grinch discovered several days ago.

I'm glad you let me know what was happening, Kris, so I can work on getting it fixed. I wish you had trusted me a little more.

I'm going to transfer this thread to the Bug Swatter forum, where I'll post again when the problem is resolved. I'll leave a closed copy of the thread in CA for now, so everyone can find their way to the new thread, but will remove it in a few days in an effort to keep CA focused on poetry and not software.

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
5 posted 2006-10-14 12:25 PM

This should be fixed now.

However, the repairs weren't simple and there's no easy way to test it, so I'd appreciate it greatly if everyone could keep an eye on their daily totals and let me know if anything starts looking wacky (sorry for the technical terms ).

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Bug Swatter » A Question

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary