navwin » Discussion » Bug Swatter » self bumping glitch?
Bug Swatter
Post A Reply Post New Topic self bumping glitch? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia

0 posted 2004-07-05 02:20 PM

Tequilia_Sunrise. All of her replies from 7-4 are bumping the posts up to the top.
'spose you already know that, but I'm curious about how it happens.

© Copyright 2004 Kathleen Kacy Stafford - All Rights Reserved
Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium
1 posted 2004-07-05 04:13 PM

They are not bumping up... they are only showing up on "Today's Topics" because she replied to all of her posts today (probably thanking those who came by)... while Today's Topics shows the time of the last post not by the author.

Just as an example, if you go to the Open 32 forum, you will find many of the her posts are not there in the top of the list...

Hopefully I managed to clarify things a bit    

Regards
Sudhir
P.S. I forgot... archived folders do not have the "DO NOT BUMP" functionality when the author of the original post  replies... that you will notice in Open 28...

P.P.S. I am sure, if I am wrong, Ron will correct me...  

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
2 posted 2004-07-05 07:26 PM

THANKS, Sudhir, for your explanation! It makes sense now. And yes, Ron will straighten us out if that info isn't technically accurate.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Bug Swatter » self bumping glitch?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary