navwin » Discussion » Bug Swatter » Problem in linking back to pip formum after posting response
Bug Swatter
Post A Reply Post New Topic Problem in linking back to pip formum after posting response Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
kayjay
Member Elite
since 2002-06-24
Posts 2015
Oregon

0 posted 2003-12-11 10:56 AM

Good morning, Ron!  I don't know if this is your problem or not, but when I respond to a posting, my browser window states "/main/postings.cgi" and stops there and doesn't return to the forum listing.  I can retype the url and pop back in but the added step is nuisancy.
Does anyone else report this?
Thanks  Ken Julkowski

© Copyright 2003 Ken Julkowski - All Rights Reserved
Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
1 posted 2003-12-11 11:11 AM

Ken,
My guess is you have an internet security program or a firewall of some type. I ahve the same difficulty, and it is the Norton Internet Security program that does it. The only way to get around it, besides re-typing the url, or hitting the back button a few times, is to deactivate the firewall when you post.

We are all equal but we’re individually different
and able to reach the impossible if we try.

kayjay
Member Elite
since 2002-06-24
Posts 2015
Oregon
2 posted 2003-12-11 11:14 AM

Thanks, Ringo, for your response.  You hit the nail on the head.  I have to deactivate Norton for some online streaming media info and had thought that might be the problem, but hadn't experimented yet.  Thanks so much.  Ken

Through rubble and trouble and dark of night
The yawn of a dawn will hasten the light

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Bug Swatter » Problem in linking back to pip formum after posting response

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary