navwin » Discussion » Bug Swatter » Access denied
Bug Swatter
Post A Reply Post New Topic Access denied Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
sea_of_okc
since 1999-06-15
Posts 568
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

0 posted 2003-05-24 12:07 PM

In order to get into ANY of the adult forums I have to log into the old "adult" forum first. If I try to go into Grok this or insights or behind closed doors it does not allow access. I am thinking it may be because I was approved way back when for access to adult but the approval somehow did not carry over into the newer forums when they were created. Can this be fixed please?

© Copyright 2003 Steven Thomas Seaman - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2003-05-24 12:19 PM

Go to the members area at the top of the page and sign up for the MC forums access.
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
2 posted 2003-05-24 01:29 PM

I just logged in as you, Steve, and didn't have any trouble accessing the forums in MC. That suggests your settings on the server are fine.

I'm guessing your username and password are not properly set in your local cookies. You can check to see what cookies are currently set in the Member's Area, or alternatively, you can simply go into your Profile and click on the Submit button (you needn't change anything). Submitting your profile should set permanent cookies that can be read by the MC forums.

If that doesn't help and the problem persists, can you be more specific about "does not allow access"? What message, precisely, does it give you?

LindsayP
Member Elite
since 2007-07-28
Posts 3410
Australia, Victoria
3 posted 2008-02-03 08:22 PM

Ron I have tried to submit a response to quite a few poems but often the ones for Linda's poems won't register, and recently the same thing has happened with a couple of Marge Tindall's poems. What am I doing wrong. I hope you can fix it.  LindsayP

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
4 posted 2008-02-03 08:33 PM

What does "won't register" mean, Lindsey? Are you getting an error message? Since you posted to this thread instead of starting a new one, can I assume you're getting an Access Denied message?

It would also help if you could supply us with a few links where you tried, but failed, to respond?

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Bug Swatter » Access denied

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary