navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Thyself
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Thyself Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Xeonox
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-04-01
Posts 1764
CA, USA

0 posted 2012-06-28 09:15 PM

is at times easy to lie to the world than to yourself. The deceiving nature that we all carry seems to rear its ugly head sooner than later. I often at times sit here late at night after finishing my daily “routine” and wonder if these last few years have just been one long depression. Am I creating something within me or am I just wasting away in life? I can surely take on goals that may give me the push that I need, but the spark that I had in my early twenties has almost been abolished by my very own self. I neither blame my current situation or the past choices for it. For blaming oneself or others leads to no solution. I am not trained in studying myself objectively at all times or neither have I planned to pay someone to study me. I am a creature of habit in many cases. Even the idea of wanting change is a habit. Maybe these late night sessions will be beneficial as they will allow me to write again. I had often wish to find all the poems I have written, but realize now that they were there for me when I needed them and are not lost in cyberspace and completed erased in some instances because their work is now complete. Dwelling on the past for too long leads one to forget about the present. Knowing parts of my future creates a sense of boredom. I rather “know” my next few years then have it be a surprise. One part of me wants to rush out to remote places and live through struggle. While I know that if that were to happen, I would “miss” my office prison and the little comforts that I take for granted.

Why do I allow society to make me into a drone and never accept free will? Where does the free will of the masses go? Does it stay hidden and only shows itself on rare occasion where we refuse to care how others view us? I do not know many answers, but I sure have a lot of questions. I placed my thinking on hold for few years while trying to build a family life. I gave up one family for another one. I cannot embrace anyone as closely as I embrace myself. I do not have a reason or an explanation for it. Some may wonder if I am afraid to get close. I believe the fear is more of losing my “unique” self and realizing that I am just a commoner and nothing more, and many times a lot less. This is not a self hating penning but a clear view of the inner self. The night offers the thoughtfulness and the clarity that is often lost is the chaos of daylight. Once again, I will wake up, and go about like a drone. I will complete few pieces of work and then continue the current state evermore.

© Copyright 2012 Ronil B Tataria - All Rights Reserved
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
1 posted 2012-12-21 06:59 PM

Nice writing...change occurs as you initiate it...James
Fabiani
since 2006-05-12
Posts 123
Mesa, Az
2 posted 2014-12-20 05:20 AM

I want to go to a place where nobody knows who I am
And come back to a place where everyone forgot who I was
I want to bury myself and rise from the grave and shower and shave and start over again
I want to be somebody else again
So I want to go away and come back and start all over again

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Thyself

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary