navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » I promised my self I wouldn't be a crazy cat lady #1
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic I promised my self I wouldn't be a crazy cat lady #1 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams

0 posted 2010-08-23 10:48 PM

My hand pressed firmly against the cool aluminum frame of the window. The rain permeated through the screen and I felt it's mist caress my skin. The sun had long set, and the moon blanketed the clouds. I watched lights outside of my window turn from green to orange to red, reflect against the wet asphalt. I could see the cars stop and go -like toy solders marching in order.

I wish everything would change.

I sit in my prison against my own will. My warden is the fear chained around my ankles.  

I have trouble swallowing the life I prepared for myself. I had wished so much more good things to come out of my hard work and blood. I spend whole days in solitude, balancing my delusions with other peoples'. But just like cooking, life requires strategy and presentation.

It doesn't matter what I wear or what lies beneath this little soul. If I shatter the mirror, there will be nothing left, but broken glass and bloody hands.

Regret is a nasty, slimy feeling. I blame it for dragging my heart down bumpy paths. Sometimes speed bumps are an understatement to the jarring, whiplash of events in my life.

I crawled into bed, piling on the layers of bedding that would protect me from the real life boogie monsters that exist in the city. The screams, car horns, and police sirens echoed amongst the surrounding buildings; a haunted melody of a living city.

This place just wasn't home.

I couldn't go to sleep. My mind wondered from daydream to life to daydream in a like a child. Only my rationalizations, wouldn't even make since to a child. Children don't have to worry about love the same way a 24 year old women does.  

It seems that when I was a teenager I was more concerned about "if he loves me," instead of the dreaded, "is this the guy I want to have kids and grow old with," or "am I just settling?"

I woke up to the terrifying noise of my alarm clock, which caused my body to instinctively jump out of bed and pull the window curtains open. The morning sun pride my eyes open with it's gentle intensity. I could see the crystal-like-towers reflect off each other.  Already, even at this time, people are at work in those buildings.

I ran to prepare a cup of liquid motivation and prepared my shower. Today is an important day. Today I make the decision that will alter my future. I hope my choice is the right one, because I have a five hour drive there and back.

End of Chapter One.

-juju

-Juju

-"So you found a girl
Who thinks really deep thoughts
What's so amazing about really deep thoughts " Silent all these Years, Tori Amos

[This message has been edited by Juju (08-24-2010 08:53 PM).]

© Copyright 2010 Juju - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2010-08-23 11:35 PM

Ok, so now I'm hooked.

When you're not tired, I would quote Oliver, "...more, please..."

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
2 posted 2010-08-24 06:34 AM

Juju, I am impressed and can relate to portions of your thoughts. Like Karilea, I would like to read some more...

M

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
3 posted 2010-08-24 08:49 PM

Thank you for replying. I have the last part up. This chapter is short.

Juju

-Juju

-"So you found a girl
Who thinks really deep thoughts
What's so amazing about really deep thoughts " Silent all these Years, Tori Amos

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
4 posted 2010-08-26 12:08 PM

Can't wait to read it all Juju.   Great so far, I am hooked.
Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

5 posted 2010-08-30 09:58 AM

a very nice beginning....
and the internal issues/ questions raised ones I think real to a lot of people..

I truly enjoyed

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
6 posted 2010-08-31 12:23 PM

Hello, JuJu...I agree with the others that this is an excellent beginning and I look forward to seeing where it goes.

Since you do want critiques, there are a couple of things to be cleaned up...

"much more good things" is not good..... You need to use "many"

" in a like a child."..........not sure what that means

"wouldn't even make since to a child."....should be make "sense"

"The morning sun pride"......should be "pried"

I'll move on to check the others....write on!

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
7 posted 2010-09-22 07:34 PM

Enjoyed reading this...James

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » I promised my self I wouldn't be a crazy cat lady #1

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary