navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » I love you
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic I love you Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bec
since 2001-02-23
Posts 475
Canberra

0 posted 2010-05-06 08:17 PM

I love you.

I love the way you charmed me, right from the start. I love the letters, notes and poems you wrote.

I love the way you hold my hand and tell me I’m beautiful.

I love your support as I make difficult choices, which mean we have to be apart. I love that you’re so positive we can make this work.

I love that you come to pick me up from the train station when I come to visit you. I love the first hug and kiss after a long time apart.

I love that you wait on the platform and wave goodbye as the train pulls away, taking me away from you.

I love that you’re coming back to me, and that we’re going to be together again.

I love that you’re protective of me, not letting another man come near me or speak to me. I love that you just want me to be safe.

I love that you would rather we just stayed home, rather than spending time with friends, or going to the party we were invited to.

I love that you would rather play computer games and talk to girls on the internet rather than going to your university lectures.

I love that you think I’m stifling you, that I’m mothering you, that I don’t let you be yourself, that I nag, that I don’t let you relax.

I love the feeling of your hands around my throat as you try and choke me.

I love that you tell me your friends don’t know why you’re with me, and that I’m lucky to have you. I love that I’m lucky to have you.

I love that you’ve packed your bags, and you’re gone.

I loved you.

"I'm not crazy I'm just a little unwell"~ Matchbox 20

© Copyright 2010 Rebecca Soric - All Rights Reserved
whisperingwalt
since 2010-04-29
Posts 240
Coquitlam, BC, Canada
1 posted 2010-05-06 09:24 PM

Whoa Bec,
       Good riddance...sounds like that was quite the emotional rollercoaster..glad you came off it...walt

Bec
since 2001-02-23
Posts 475
Canberra
2 posted 2010-05-08 03:14 AM

Thanks for reading, Walt

It was an awful situation, but thankfully I was able to get out of it. So many people don't. (And while it doesn't get as much notice, that includes men too.) I've found my real "one" now, and having to endure a relationship like that one makes me appreciate this one even more!

Thanks for reading.

Bec

"I'm not crazy I'm just a little unwell"~ Matchbox 20

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » I love you

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary