navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Teabagger Miracle Ear - Part One
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Teabagger Miracle Ear - Part One Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JenniferMaxwell
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-09-14
Posts 2423

0 posted 2010-04-12 10:37 PM

It’s a tiny device small as a bat brain inserted inside a teabagger’s left ear. It’s not quite the same as your ususal hearing aid; it’s sole function is to block out any info not stamped approved by teabagger ditto heads, chalky white beckistanians or the fox noise machine.

It came into being before the first pot was brewed at the baggers town hall Obama hate fests. Years before that, Bush and Karl Rove screwed trial models deep into the heads of any rightwingers who still had a conscience left, dared to question the morality of killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqi children or exchanging the blood of our troops for oil contracts. Instead of the screams from those mutilated children and America’s own brave sons and daughters, the Rovian model of the Teabagger Miracle Ear, blocked out the sound of their dying breaths with the cha ching from war profiteer registers.

© Copyright 2010 JenniferMaxwell - All Rights Reserved
Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
1 posted 2010-04-16 08:37 AM

quote:
It’s a tiny device small as a bat brain inserted inside a teabagger’s left ear. It’s not quite the same as your ususal hearing aid; it’s sole function is to block out any info not stamped approved by teabagger ditto heads, chalky white beckistanians or the fox noise machine.

This is enough to give me a giggle... my girlfriend wishes I didn't spend ANY time watching any of the pundits on any of the news channels, Fox included, and yet she is not amused with the current administration. She did not attend the rally yesterday, as it coincided with her class schedule. She doesn't watch Beck, she thinks Rush is a moron, and all of the other tripe that liberal democrats tend to scream at the top of their lungs while preventing the other side from shouting at the top of theirs.

Oh, yeah... I forgot to mention...
SHE IS A REGISTERED, DYED-IN-THE-WOOL, KOOL-AID DRINKING, ABORTION-SUPPORTING,GAY-MARRIAGE-LOVING, GUN-RIGHTS HATING DEMOCRAT!!!!!!! She is simply enlightened anough, and evolved enough to allow me to have my thoughts, regardless of how wrong I am.

So much for your new product... it seems that the liberals are buying them as well.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "WHAT A RIDE

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
2 posted 2010-04-16 08:59 AM

Jen, you make me proud to be a republican or, at least, not a democrat. Rant on
JenniferMaxwell
Member Elite
since 2006-09-14
Posts 2423

3 posted 2010-04-16 09:54 AM

Thanks for your comments, good to know you're reading.
JenniferMaxwell
Member Elite
since 2006-09-14
Posts 2423

4 posted 2010-04-16 10:40 AM

Just a friendly reminder, Ringo:

© Copyright 2010 JenniferMaxwell - All Rights Reserved

Next time please ask for permission before you quote. Thanks!

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
5 posted 2010-04-17 12:24 PM

Wait... perhaps my concervative brain isn't in proper gear; however, I am being chastised for using your words to quote back to you in a thread that you started so that my reply might make a bit more sense than it usually does?

Did I perhaps use the words as my own without realizing it?
Did I, maybe, take them out of context and use them for my own purposes?

Let's take a look at the following: /pip/Forum6/HTML/001915-2.html (post #35, 44, 47, 58, 73, 78, 88, 92)
And that is just the first half of the thread. In every single one you quoted verbatum something that someone else has said before you... not all original thoughts for you...
There are a couple of quotes about glass houses, and stones that I am not really remembering too well..

Just a friendly reminder

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "WHAT A RIDE

JenniferMaxwell
Member Elite
since 2006-09-14
Posts 2423

6 posted 2010-04-17 12:59 PM

This is the Prose Forum not the Alley, Ringo. There is a big difference, namely this: © Copyright  
You won't find that in the Alley.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
7 posted 2010-04-17 07:35 AM

Actually, in the poetry forums you will find numerous cases in replies where the responders reproduce lines in the poem to comment on them. I don't think your copyright infringement argument is valid. Saying, or printing someone's words back to them does not infringe on a copyright that I know of. Perhaps Ron can advise on this one.
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
8 posted 2010-04-17 11:16 AM

quote:
There is a big difference, namely this: © Copyright  
You won't find that in the Alley.

Copyright is always implied, Jennifer, even when not expressly invoked. That's integral to copyright law.

Copyright, however, does not preclude judicious quoting. Or did you really think all those scores of articles you're always citing verbatim weren't protected under copyright laws? Considering your own proclivities in that area, you might want to better familiarize yourself with the Fair Use Doctrine. There's no shortage of references to be found in Google.

In this particular instance, you might want to weigh your claims against the four factors used to determine Fair Use.

On the other hand, gentlemen, this is NOT the Alley, either. The emphasis in our poetry and prose forums is on execution more so than content (though neither can be ignored entirely in any forum). One should, I think, be able to presume that if a writer wanted to incite a discussion that writer would have posted in a discussion forum?

JenniferMaxwell
Member Elite
since 2006-09-14
Posts 2423

9 posted 2010-04-17 07:16 PM

Hmmm, I seem to recall instances where the right to quote copyright covered material all or in part has been denied. Rather surprising to find that right to deny doesn’t apply here.
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
10 posted 2010-04-17 08:39 PM

Well, since replies should be based on execution and Jennifer doesn't allow critiques, there's not much to say, is there?
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Teabagger Miracle Ear - Part One

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary