navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Solace
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Solace Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JenniferMaxwell
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-09-14
Posts 2423

0 posted 2010-04-07 09:34 AM

First time I heard it was on the classical station in the middle of one of those wakeful nightmares - teddy bears and baby doll too afraid to sleep for fear of the breathing shadows, cowered wide-eyed in yesterday’s terrified corners. Freed from attic madness, ropes of a stairwell prison, yet trapped in another silent place, a voiceless room with creaking stairs, thundering heartbeats and echoing, echoing, echoing footsteps. When the Requiem started it seemed as though guardian angel absent so long, climbed down the golden stair, flooded the room with peace bringing the Light, music composed in the heart of a suffering god, whispered to Mozart’s ear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi8vJ_lMxQI&feature=related

Sometimes even a poet or lyricist can’t find the words to express what lies deepest in the heart - only music knows the key to open walled gardens where passions brilliant as the morning star disappear in twilight’s fading colors, valleys where sorrows crater through mist and dreams withered by cruelest frost turn into distant stars. Though broken hearts continue to beat, sobs drawn by deepest wounds close up the throat -- how well Puccini knew.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPA1RS47Ntc&feature=related

(For Juju’s challenge)

[This message has been edited by JenniferMaxwell (04-07-2010 11:28 AM).]

© Copyright 2010 JenniferMaxwell - All Rights Reserved
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
1 posted 2010-04-07 02:52 PM

This is awsome.  Thanks!!!

Juju

-Juju

-"So you found a girl
Who thinks really deep thoughts
What's so amazing about really deep thoughts " Silent all these Years, Tori Amos

JenniferMaxwell
Member Elite
since 2006-09-14
Posts 2423

2 posted 2010-04-07 03:34 PM

Thank you for the inspiration, Juju. I love your challenge! Hope you will do more of them.
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

3 posted 2010-04-07 09:10 PM

Where might I find this challenge myself?  Nice piece btw

JenniferMaxwell
Member Elite
since 2006-09-14
Posts 2423

4 posted 2010-04-08 03:40 PM

Here's the link to Juju's challenge:
/pip/Forum7/HTML/000804.html

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Solace

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary