navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » PIGS At the Trough
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic PIGS At the Trough Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2009-12-29 07:34 PM

PIGS  At the Trough

Last time I checked the Government doesn't earn money, or pay taxes, they only collect and spend our tax money, the taxes that we pay each time we make a purchase of consumer goods, the taxes that we pay each time we earn a paycheck, the taxes that we pay to pacify the desires of the IRS>

Even though the Government couldn't exist without taking money from us, the Government never seems to be satisfied with the amount of money that we give them, always trying to manipulate the system, always coming up with new schemes to raise new additional taxes.  A few examples of their newest schemes are Cap and Trade and Government Mandated Health Care.

Some welcome the Government taking more and more money from their pockets and placing it into the pockets of others, these types see the Government as their Nanny, their God and their Provider. I can best describe our present Government as "PIGS at the trough."

JamesLee
28December

Keep them troughs
full, people...

© Copyright 2009 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

1 posted 2009-12-30 12:34 PM

Some welcome the Government taking more and more money from their pockets and placing it into the pockets of others, these types see the Government as their Nanny, their God and their Provider. I can best describe our present Government as "PIGS at the trough."

As someone who is notorious for believing he knows what others are thinking I find it easy to spot such behaviour in the writings of others.  Your writings seem incredibly one-sided.  I find it difficult to believe that things are as cut and dry as you apparently make them out to be.  I say that because I'm also notorious for making nasty generalizations.

I guess that's why I could survive as a mute with just a keyboard to type on

I wonder why these posts you often make here aren't being posted to The Alley rather than to the prose forum....

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
2 posted 2010-01-07 06:06 PM

Thank you Fractal007 for responding...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » PIGS At the Trough

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary