navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Lost Kitten Page 1
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Lost Kitten Page 1 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
KatKali
since 2008-01-03
Posts 67
Where the wispers grow louder

0 posted 2009-11-16 03:46 PM

Rain drips in a simple pitter-patter of tears. Clouds covering the sky in a solemn gray. A woman stands just across the street holding a pink umbrella with yellow ducks on it. Kiddish yes, but it seemed to suit her for some reason. Liquid ran down her face, a mixture of rain and tears and she lowers the umbrella. Short blonde hair around a slim rosy face. Beautiful kissable pink lips that seem to shine. Eyes the color of celery, and a scar place just below her left eye. She’s wearing a white tank top now soaked through allowing you to see her white bra. She’s also wearing blue shorts that have a school’s logo on it, her gym uniform perhaps. Blue and white sneakers cover her feet with white socks that go half way up her lower leg. A black backpack in her other hand. She stands at a bus stop, which I’ve seen her at for a while, never gets on just waits. I walk up to her as I’ve now finished work at Komno’s, a restaurant I work at part time, and ask her if she’s okay and if she needs a ride home. She shakes her head and replies “No but,” in an even quieter voice says “Thank you, but I have no where to go.” I then suggest she spend the night with my family and me. In her same quiet voice says, “I would like that.”

We reach my house in an awkward silent. I try to start conversations but they seem to go nowhere. I introduce her to my mother who quickly takes her inside and rushes around trying to find clothes and hot food for her. My mother manages to find sweats and a T-shirt, and finishes cooking the hot pot. While my mom finishes cooking I realize that I’ve never asked her name. I quickly ask her name before my mom comes back “I’m Fuyuko, and you are?”
“I’m Kyoshi, do you not have any where to live?”
“No, I’m by myself”
“You can stay here if you want I’m sure my mom won’t mind we have an extra bedroom anyway.” Judging by her shocked expression I figured she didn’t expect that.
“I would have to pay you back or something. I can get a job or something.”
“That’s up to my Mom, but I’m sure she’ll let you stay here for free.”
“Oh no I couldn’t, I’m sure I could do something” she said her voice raising slightly. My mother then entered the room carrying the hotpot.
“Kyoshi, would you get the tea?”
“Sure, Mom” I left the room and entered our small white kitchen. As I reentered the room I was amazed at how happy my mom seemed with some more company.
“So would you like to stay here with us I would love it if you did.”
“Oh I couldn’t impose on your family”
“Again with the I couldn’t... jeez can’t you just say yes already.”
“Kyoshi!”
“What?”
“You should watch what you say to young ladies no wonder you don’t have a girlfriend.”
“Like I want one, girls are so annoying”
“So Fuyuko is annoying too is she?”
To my despair I muttered “She’s different.” My mother just sighed and decided that Fuyuko could stay here for free and still go to school.
“Really I can’t, I couldn’t just live here with out paying you back somehow.”
“Well, we’ll do this… you can cook right?”
“Yes I can but…”
“Then you’ll live here as our cook, great idea right?”
“Alright I will, but will I be allowed to have a part-time as well as being your cook if that’s not too much trouble.”
“Hey, go for it.” My mother said as we finished our dinner. She started to clean up then said “Kyoshi why don’t you show Fuyuko her room and have her meet the rest of the household, and Fuyuko don’t worry about food on Saturday we go out and the rest is leftovers.”
“Alright I’ll show you around.”

© Copyright 2009 Abigail Arnold - All Rights Reserved
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
1 posted 2009-11-17 09:32 PM

Enjoyed...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Lost Kitten Page 1

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary