navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Untitled....Part III
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Untitled....Part III Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada

0 posted 1999-10-21 01:42 PM

Jessica took the hand and smiled at the woman. "Thankyou so much for finding
Andrew." The woman gushed. She was so relieved to have her son home. "Please come in
while I fix Andrew something to eat. I would like to thankyou for bringing him home."
Jessica could not refuse as she was ushered into the quaint little house. They were among
the lucky ones. The house stood untouched by the bombardment. She showed her into a
large kitchen and asked her to sit as she prepared Andrew some speggettio's. "Would you
like some coffee or a cold drink? Something to eat maybe? Oh I am so sorry my name is
Elizabeth Stone. Please call me Beth." She said as she bustled around the kitchen. "Coffee
would be wonderful thankyou Beth. I don't think my stomach could handle anything else
right now." Jess replied. She was relieved that she had found this child's family in tact.
Beth set a steaming mug in front of Jess. Her eyes were still unsettled as she began to
speak. " When you found Andrew was he alone? My husband was in the square with him."
Jess didn't know how to answer this question. She took a sip of her coffee and replied. " I
didn't see anyone with him Beth. There was such a commotion and I found myself a little
crevice in a wall. When I was hiding there I saw Andrew and couldn't leave him alone
there. he was so frightened. I pulled him into the small space with me and we stayed there
until now. I am sorry."

Beth got up from the table and checked on Andrew's meal. she scooped out a big bowl
and set it on the table in front of him. He was so hungry that he gobbled up the bowl in 2
seconds flat and asked for more. Beth refilled his bowl and sat again by Jess. "If he was
separated from Andrew he might still be looking for him. After things quieted down I
went searching for them. There were so many dead or wounded but I didn't come across
his body. For that I am relieved. I hope that he will be home soon." Jess didn't know how
to reply to this and finished her coffee. " I really must be going Beth." Jess said as she rose
from her chair. "I have to check on my own home and family." Beth understood and
thanked her again for finding and bringing Andrew home safely. "I don't have the words to
tell you." Tears of gratitude shone in Beth's eyes as she hugged Jessica good-bye. Jess
walked back through the damaged streets to the square where it had all started. She then
turned the corner to find her car still in tact and undamaged. She couldn't believe her luck
so far. she got into her car and crept slowly threw town toward her home. Once outside
the downtown area there was no evidence of bombing. It had been a controlled military
attack. Hitting the city at it's most vulnerable and leaving the rest at peace. She released a
huge sigh of relief when she pulled into her drive.

She turned off the car and just sat and stared at her home for a moment. her mind was
blank for the moment, a blessed thing. The turmoil of the day was unreal in the
peacefulness of her drive. Getting out of the car and moving slowly to the door, she
couldn't think. As she put her key into the lock happy barks protruded the stillness. A
smile spread across her lips. She opened the door and her two babies smothered her with
affection. Zeus and Apollo were Wrotwiller-Shepard cross, large, intimidating creatures.
In their excitement they knocked her to the floor. "Easy boys." She laughed while she tried
to close the door behind her. Now more then ever she was glad she had them for company
and protection. It was pitch black inside her home, the sun had just set. Dark came early in
the middle of October. She fumbled for the light as the dogs mauled her with bumps and
licks. She flipped the switch and nothing happened. The reality of what she had witness
came back to her quite suddenly. "Flashlight." she spoke aloud "I have to find the
flashlight guys." She struggled to her feet. her boys would rather spend a few more
minutes on the floor with them. "Come on guys, help me out her alittle." She chastised
them half heartedly. The three of them bumped around the kitchen for a few minutes until
she came across the right drawer. Pulling out the flashlight. "I hope the batteries still
work." She whispered flicking the switch. Light pierced the room, she sighed inwardly.

©1999 MH.

[This message has been edited by Marilyn (edited 10-21-1999).]

© Copyright 1999 Marilyn - All Rights Reserved
Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
1 posted 1999-10-21 01:49 PM

This is just a rough draft and rereading this again, I find more problems with it. If I ever complete this story it will be edited to smooth out the rough areas.
Systematic Decay
since 1999-09-15
Posts 1301
That place with padded walls and funny people in white.........
2 posted 1999-10-21 05:27 PM

Rough, maybe. But good, definitely. I am eagerly awaiting part 4

------------------
"Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage."
-Billy Corgan-

merlynh
since 1999-09-26
Posts 411
deer park, wa
3 posted 1999-10-21 09:43 PM

Nicely done, finished it out real nice. Time to wrap it up and send it off to get printed, or should I say published.
Watcher666
since 1999-10-13
Posts 1606

4 posted 1999-10-22 09:37 AM

I'm loving this!!! The rest PLEASE!!!!!!

------------------
Illusion...what we see and what we do...it's all up to you.

JennyLee
since 1999-09-01
Posts 1461
Northwestern, NJ.
5 posted 1999-10-22 09:59 AM

Awesome work you've done here. I enjoyed all.

Jenny

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
6 posted 1999-10-22 02:29 PM

merlyn...finished? Nope...I'm on chapter 2 now..LOL

Watcher...This is going to be much too long to post it all here. If you would like to read on as I create it e-mail me. I'll send you bits and pieces as I complete it.

JennyLee....I am very glad that you have enjoyed the read. I get lost in the story and characters as I write it. My only hope is that the reader does as well.

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
7 posted 1999-10-22 02:33 PM

systematic Decay...I did not leave you out of that last post on purpose...*blushing*. Like I said to Watcher, the intention is a book here. I think Ron would repremand me if I continue posting the story line here. E-mail me and I'll send more if you'd like.

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
8 posted 1999-10-23 09:16 AM

Wonderfully done Marilyn, getting more into the story with each segment I read
Richard 33
since 1999-09-09
Posts 187
glen easton, wv usa
9 posted 1999-10-23 04:36 PM

I have been reading up on your work, very
talented you are indeed! looking forward to
more, hope to talk to ya on IM tonight.
Just email me, and let me know what time.

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
10 posted 1999-11-04 08:30 PM

Well Marilyn Bravo!! I've read all 3 parts and I'm hanging for more!! So get to it and tell me what all the explosions were -
World War 3, terrorist what?????????
Great job Sis, you surprise me daily

------------------
Through poetry my heart and soul truly sing...
~Isis~
(Daughter of Mystery)

tuffluv66
since 2011-05-13
Posts 121
Iowa, U.S.A.
11 posted 2011-08-05 12:12 PM

yes, absolutely wonderful. more plz
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Untitled....Part III

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary