navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Where Has Gloom Been
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Where Has Gloom Been Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Professor Gloom
Member Elite
since 2000-07-23
Posts 3082
of Depression

0 posted 2008-06-14 01:35 PM

Now it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything and perhaps some are wondering what I’ve been doing.  Naturally, I understand many really don’t care what I’ve been doing and others might not even know about me.  The short answer is I have been here all along, just quietly watching from the sidelines.  This is what you might expect from a shadow dweller like me.  I haven’t given up writing, but it has been prose that has taken my time.  Also I have been reworking some of my past works, such as “The Ragman” series.  I expect to be putting a posting of the new and improved series beginning in a week or so.
I have been also been busy teaching elementary school children, which is rewarding and disappointing at the same time.  It is a shame to see how unprepared some children are and how little support the get from parents. But with school over for the summer I can return to my heavy drinking.  The problem is that here the bars have changed.  Some people say for the better and others say it is for the worse.  I just know they have changed and I find myself drinking at home more than in my youth.  An example of what I am talking about is the local bar where I used to drink Boilermakers.  To properly drink a Boilermaker you engage in a ritual methodology in the drink.  A sip of the whisky from the shot glass, a drink from the mug of beer, drop the shot glass into the mug, then down the mix after it settles.  To do this properly, which means not making a mess, is a fine art.  You must know the sizes of the mug and glass being able to drink just the right amounts before the drop.  My regular place for doing this changed to serving their beer in glasses instead of mugs.  I remember spending an entire night there, well passed closing, perfecting my technique.  
The “Ragman” series is a story of vengeance.  Where the anti-hero forms from just a piece of cloth as other rags is gathered adding to his bulk.  He forms from a piece of fine silk scarf, which was loosely draped around a pretty lady’s neck.  From decoration to murder weapon, it choked the life from her before blowing free.  To get caught in the growing pool of blood of her lover that was shot trying to protect her.  Vengeance means death, so if this series is going to be a problem with people please let me know and I will reframe from posting it.
I see a chilled bottle of wine awaits me, so I will leave you for now.

Gloom

© Copyright 2008 Aszard Drazlom - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2008-06-14 11:10 PM

I never tried one of those - I don't think I'd like the combination... probably because I don't like either ingredient very much.  Rum's better..

Hey Gloomy one - Nice to hear from you..

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
2 posted 2008-06-22 02:33 AM

quote:
To properly drink a Boilermaker you engage in a ritual methodology in the drink.  A sip of the whisky from the shot glass, a drink from the mug of beer, drop the shot glass into the mug, then down the mix after it settles.  To do this properly, which means not making a mess, is a fine art.  You must know the sizes of the mug and glass being able to drink just the right amounts before the drop.  My regular place for doing this changed to serving their beer in glasses instead of mugs.

Is it just me or does this sound like a lot of work?  I look forward to your return.

Alison

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
3 posted 2008-06-22 02:35 AM

Whew!  Didn't think that I would ever get that quote thingy right.  Would love to blame it on the brandy, but truth is I am kind of an airhead.

A

Professor Gloom
Member Elite
since 2000-07-23
Posts 3082
of Depression
4 posted 2008-06-24 07:06 PM

Thank you, Alison,
For the response.
A lot of work, well perhaps,
But actually it’s time consuming, which it the point.
One might not be able to truly kill time,
But get it drunk and it’s almost like its not even there.

Gloom

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Where Has Gloom Been

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary