navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Secrets (Part 1)
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Secrets (Part 1) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
openthoughts
since 2006-01-16
Posts 94
Where the child can be free

0 posted 2007-10-11 09:12 PM

“Can you describe for me” said the voice, “exactly how you feel?”

“No.”  I answered the voice, aloud.

There was a series of noises that followed that I can only describe as an argument between hums of various volumes and pitches.  I flinched a little.

“What the hell are you doing Chalkes?  He still doesn’t know what he’s saying.  The drugs won’t wear off for another hour at least.”

The noises died down and then faded away completely, leaving me with a dull throb that I think was in my brain.

“Can’t or won’t?”

“Can’t.”

“See?  You just have to slow things down and stop acting like such an jerk.”

“All he said was ‘Can’t’.”

“Just be patient and shut the hell up.”  I waited in the silence and yet I failed to find a reason why.  I was just waiting.  “Why can’t you tell us Mal?”

Mal was my name and so I knew to answer.  “He said ‘exactly’.  I don’t know the words to describe this at all so I can’t describe it ‘exactly’.”

“Would you if you could?  Would you tell us everything?”  I felt the dull throb become slightly less dull and knew what I was supposed to say.

“Yes.”

“Good dog.”

© Copyright 2007 openthoughts - All Rights Reserved
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

1 posted 2007-10-14 08:55 PM

I am not sure why you have chosen to make this piece multi-part.  However, I suppose it does add to the suspense.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Secrets (Part 1)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary