navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » an affair to remember...
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic an affair to remember... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
scarletbegonias
since 2007-05-15
Posts 59

0 posted 2007-05-27 12:32 PM

all these nights gone looking for what?  not a new life, i really love this one.  not a new husband, i don't even like the one i have.  new love?  yes, love.  but where is love?

not motherly love, i'm talking about romantic, rockets red glare love.  or maybe just a sparkler.  but romantic love all the same.

could have an affair.  getting caught would suck.  falling in love would be wonderful though.  how would it end?  what if it never ends?  then there is the whole moral issue.  i dont really want to break a commandment.  

hello, let's have a love affair.  i'm only talking love here, no sex.  so, your wife doesn't want to have sex with you so why should i??  you pay her bills and she still won't have relations?? but you expect me to....

no, this is never ever going to work.  maybe an online affair!! nah.  then probably, i would be expected to "cyber" or heaven forbid "phone".  no, no, no!!! i do not want any of this.

i want love.  i want to love you, heck i want to fall in love with you.  you don't have to love me back.  but i want to have a reason to smile that nobody knows about.  i want to feel young and beautiful and i want you to think i am beautiful and special and absolutely wonderful.

i want to be your heart's desire.  and i want to be your dream.  you can be mine, too.  in fact, i insist on it.  let's sit outside together on warm nights and look at the stars and drink wine.  maybe we could kiss.  make out.  long beautiful wish they could lead to more type kisses.  but let's never let it get any farther than kisses.  

because if we do, then, for some reason...the magic is gone.

but maybe, if you are my heart's true love.. it would be only the beginning of the magic.

do you see how confusing this all is?  and i am 40 years old. time is going by so quickly i don't even realize how old i am sometimes.

where are you?  i really can't wait any longer.

~if i knew the way, i would take you home~

© Copyright 2007 scarlet begonias - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2007-05-27 09:28 AM

...but let's never let it get any farther than kisses.  

because if we do, then, for some reason...the magic is gone. ...

The unknown, the forbidden, the delicious first bite of the apple, snap, sweet, tart, almost bubbling with juices that quickly, too quickly, give way to air, and the second bite, almost as sweet, almost as tart, but the mouth is already now ready for what it knows, and it is not the same.

Yes, the age of 40 knows the need and is hesitant to pluck the fruit.

Well done!

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
2 posted 2007-10-01 01:47 AM

Stop at kisses...I thought kisses were what opened the door of sensuality...James
MoonShadow
since 2001-08-02
Posts 943
Dark side of the Moon.
3 posted 2007-10-01 01:36 PM

Interesting write... interesting concept.
    "more taste??  Less filling??"

MoonShadow

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » an affair to remember...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary