navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Philisophical Questions (Answered)
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Philisophical Questions (Answered) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
themute
since 2006-05-08
Posts 469
Maryland

0 posted 2006-11-12 09:24 PM

After eighteen years of life on this planet, experiencing what where I am has to offer –I have been very few places outside of my home town- and seeing what this world is like; its people, its ways of dealing, coping. And though I know that people have no responsibility as to how they were raised, a person has the responsibility to know who they are and understand themselves.
My stepfather -whom I don’t fully approve of- is someone whom does not know who he is at all because of his religion, his way of being raised; his indoctrination into the lazy minded ethic of the Middle American. That ethic is one of distractions, one in which sensitivity is not cultivated; instead only the perversion of the parents –whom are people, not persons (a person is rational, people are both ignorant and easily tricked into foolish ways of thinking)- is cultivated. These parents assume that the life of their child is apart of there lives instead of recognizing the fact that that child is his/her own person, separate from the views, beliefs, and actions of his/her parents.  
I see now that my whole family at times, some people more than others are monsters. Not of their own will, they have been brain washed, they have been given a choice, a choice that no one talks about, a choice that devastates all minds and lays waste to all hope for peace and true humanity. That choice is the choice of acceptance, either to be “you,” unique, or to be someone that is not yourself, someone whom goes with what his or her peers, say is “cool”.

I once saw a girl whom had dyed hair, was in black cloths and had makeup on that looked silly –very black eyeliner and black lipstick with a venetian white face. She looked like twenty other girls where I go to school and every time I see them I think nothing, I see them and I know only that they do not know at all whom they are. I do know however that they are in a position of discovery, a place that is distant from their parents so they can see the world in their own way. Unfortunately they are picked up quickly by the children of their most appropriate dissection and made brainwashed, indoctrinated, again, but this time by people her own age. Thinking they have a good understanding, a good grasp on the superficial solidarity of life, but what they don’t realize is that life is a river, always changing, impossible to grab hold of, impossible to understand. Instead of flowing with the river they are more inclined to carry the burden of hatred, of negativity, and of false rebellion.
These children will most likely never know what this world is, that it has no limitations on the imaginative/creative mind, that the very beauty of consciousness is one so precious, so incredibly strange and interesting that a person can spend their whole life thinking about it and never get any closer to finding out the mystery than when they started.

Conformity is the most detrimental of all phenomena of the human psyche next only to the innate instincts bore from the prehistoric Homo sapiens. One must fight the urge to be what one is not; one must fight to be an individual and to not be unkind, to be sensitive to the life around you. This struggle is one that man has been lazy to take up since, before civilized man existed, by those whom believe themselves immaculate, intelligent, wise even. It is these people however, that kill their brothers for politics and land and fortune and positions of power and oil and for their families name and for religions and god and peace and retaliation sometimes. And it is those whom don’t think about what they are doing, the brainwashed, distracted, self distracted, that will fight these wars, they would kill their brothers and rape their sisters for a politic that has nothing to do with them, for a glory that has nothing to do with them, for a religion that has only to do with them and nothing to do with neither their government nor the people of opposition.

There are places were the people are not as ignorant, where the philosophy is as true and peaceful as god itself. This philosophy is of the east, of India and parts of China, of Buddhism and Hindu, of Jainism where the more extreme the person is, the less violent they become. These philosophies are truly the way that the human mind should be heading; instead the west has headed in an even stronger polarization towards the more ignorant, conforming, lackluster religions which coincidentally have no real philosophy at all, instead they rely on stories to entertain the mind, but not to enlighten, to capture the imagination, instead of letting it roam free.

I have however gone beyond religions and philosophies; I have become conscious of reality, so much so that I now know that this, life, is all I need to think about. No need for anything else.
Though this is innately paradoxical, I think of myself closest to an animal, free from the why and why not ideas, instead I merely observe, thinking, not of what is and what is not, but how beautiful what I see is, wondering, not what there might be, but who I am and how I can be more true, without superficial goals dependant on recognition, without narcissism. I am speaking of is being truly human, not what we have boasted ourselves to be for thousands of years, I am advocating a philosophy without philosophy, one in which world or philosophical views are rendered foolish. This concept entails that one be their self completely; an animal that has such an inquisitive nature that it is unbound by any dogma or tradition so that one might make views that are creative and spontaneous and real to life ideas and expressions.

I end this with the littlest hope of this document, this essay, ever having an effect on someone. I have little hope because there is little possibility that anyone could stand for a shift in their structured, paradigmatic world.
I can only put these ideas out there, I cannot be held responsible for another’s foresight to see what could be a great enlightenment.      

[This message has been edited by themute (11-13-2006 03:31 PM).]

© Copyright 2006 Matthew Patrick Holbert - All Rights Reserved
the_girl_next_door
since 2006-02-26
Posts 591
USA
1 posted 2006-11-16 08:46 PM

Wow.. That's about all that I can say. This was truly enlightning.. wonderful.. deep. That's what I love about it... It has such depth to it. . it makes a person think. You did a wonderful job, I have to say that I often think like this.. people are always trying to be something they're not, sometimes without realization of what they are doing.. It is so hard to be yourself, and stay true to yourself. This was very inspiring. I always love your work.

~heather~

Desire nothing except desirelessness. Hope for nothing except to rise above all hopes.
Want nothing & you will have everything.

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
2 posted 2006-11-23 04:18 AM

Sounds like an existentialist. Not a bad thing to be..keep reading, keep listening and become yourself...best to you. martyjo
icklevar
since 2007-05-14
Posts 1

3 posted 2007-05-14 07:32 PM

Excellent reading, thank you =] x
miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
4 posted 2007-05-18 07:56 PM

"These children will most likely never know what this world is, that it has no limitations on the imaginative/creative mind, that the very beauty of consciousness is one so precious, so incredibly strange and interesting that a person can spend their whole life thinking about it and never get any closer to finding out the mystery than when they started."

It sounds like you appreciate the beauty in life!

Beautifully rendered!   I truly enjoyed your thought provoking writing.  

miscellanea

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
5 posted 2007-08-23 10:08 PM

And miles to go... There is yet much to learn so don't ever stop. But don't be too quick to judge your family. Peace.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Gemini
since 1999-12-15
Posts 1203
Wisconsin, USA
6 posted 2007-09-16 12:24 PM

For someone of your age to be so intuitive and insightful is inspiring.  Keep questioning life and looking for answers, I think this is indeed the key to fufillment in life.  Very splendid write.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Philisophical Questions (Answered)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary