navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Friends
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Friends Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
rhia_5779
since 2006-06-09
Posts 1334
California

0 posted 2006-09-08 11:32 AM

hey guys, wut do u think? today in my english class our teacher wanted us to write about a word that was important to us.
this probbaly sucks . but wutever. its kinda prose kinda not. its writing about a topic rather than a story, sorry
Friends

People who you can depend on, who you trust. The ones who are there for you no matter what. People who make you laugh when its funny, comfort you when your down. They make you accept who you are, make you cry if they tell you something so heartfelt. These are the people who cry when you tell them about your pain. They feel the same emotions. They are the ones who defend you when you are not there. It's these people who shape the very innermost core of You.
  Without someone by your side, its too hard to survive. Some manage, but very few do. I remember through out my life: playing in preschool, exploring in kindergarten, learning to read in 1st, coping with grief, new joys and challenges in 2nd. Preparing to move on, tasting new freedom in 3rd. Struggling, and hurting through 4th grade. Fighting for my friends, defending whats right, falling down ,only to rise again, in 5th grade. Meeting someone who understands me so well, understanding I would leave in the next year, in 6th.

And now.... meeting new people, making new friends, learning in a new school, finding my way around. Both  new and old friends are there for me.
   Every step along the way my friends have been with me.

without friends where would we be?
in darkness, blind unable to see
to tell the truth, we all need someone, everyone needs friends
without, what can you do, I don't know what I'd do without them.

© Copyright 2006 rhia_5779 - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2006-09-19 08:54 PM

rhia,
I really wish I had the courage when I was your age to write. I have found it to be such a rich blessing in my life. I liked your topic. Keep writing. Please know there isn't a lot of activity in the prose forum but keep writing prose anyway.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

mostlikelytolie
since 2006-09-20
Posts 5

2 posted 2006-09-20 01:02 PM

I agree with Larry, on wishing I would've written earlier in my life(although, I'm not terribly far along now.)
I think you've got a great thing here. The friendships you seem to have made sound phenomenal, and I wish you all the best as you go along in life with them. Well Done.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Friends

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary