navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Reader's Choice - Bristling Foretop
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Reader's Choice - Bristling Foretop Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kal525
since 2005-12-20
Posts 26

0 posted 2006-08-22 05:59 PM

I recently created a new section on my website called "Reader's Choice." The idea is to have people submit phrases or ideas which I then turn into a story / poem. People can then rate and comment the story based on its creativity. I thought I'd share the first one of these phrases and open the audience up to suggestions / comments of their own. I ask that if any of you do have comments / ratings / phrase suggestions please post them to my website as well as here. I am trying to gain interest for my site because I think this is a cool idea and if there is enough interest I could even have contests and open it up to my readers as well. Here is the link:
http://www.lepoeme.com/content/view/49/80/

Anyway that's my pitch, I hope you'll consider it... here's the story:

Phrase:

“The bristling expanse of his foretop”

Story:

The wind outside was blowing calmly like the waves on the pink sand beaches of time. With each passing second the wind grew stronger as the grains wisped towards my safe perch behind the glass, knocking gently as if to coax me into the water. How I longed for the coolness and mystery of the sea, with all of its subtleties – so easily able to wash over my body and shape my every breath.

There was a time, but the tide is high now, and I fear the return of the storm. For in the vast expanse of the sea lies the uncertainty of my fate – A fate so bound by the shackles of time that destiny itself trembles. Fear, as it was, led me to this very point of unflinching desire. But I am foolish, for a man in my position should know better. Such strong desires are not meant to be realized in this world, nor the next – they are the forbidden fruit of the sea and their consumption shifts the balance of the very space and time that forms them. I step back from the window.

Shapes begin to form on the glass as the sand turns from pink… to black. I pray to God that he might spare me on this night for the feast about to ensue. I turn around and brace for the impact, but nothing can prepare me. Shards of glass laced with the darkness of sin hit me in waves of unrelenting fervor. In an instant I am torn to shreds as my soul is speared through the depths of time and into the sea.

As an eternity passes, my life stops. I am a creature of the sea traveling any which way I please, indulging in my every desire. But I age not. Weary… I never grow. I am the master of time, riding its golden foretop into the mysterious night as I bristle in the face of my destiny – all of them.

© Copyright 2006 Kal525 - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Reader's Choice - Bristling Foretop

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary